riding tier 7 perk - riding horde or breeder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Breeder if you're not trading with loads of mules and stumpter horses. Dude up there said that you need horses for footmen. Indeed. However, theres a tolerance (which idk how much % it is), you can have extra horses without penalty. Most of them will be ridden by your footmen and you can also keep a safe % for future promoting higher tier cav and recruiting more troops. I haven't had the penalty for a while now and I always keep about 10-20% extra regular and war horses, but not stumpter or mule.

Breeder if you're not trading with loads of mules and stumpter horses. Dude up there said that you need horses for footmen. Indeed. However, theres a tolerance (which idk how much % it is), you can have extra horses without penalty. Most of them will be ridden by your footmen and you can also keep a safe % for future promoting higher tier cav and recruiting more troops. I haven't had the penalty for a while now and I always keep about 10-20% extra regular and war horses, but not stumpter or mule.
You'll get a herd penalty all the time if you are good a warfare and defeat many parties. They will drop loads of horses and animals and you will often have a herd penalty, especially if you dismiss (or don't have) army parties and you will not be near town because you are playing competently and expanding, looking for the next target always. Having riding horde typically equals about +1 or 2 speed for me during a war.

In contrast breeder is kinda lame, getting a random animal (that you already own about every 100 days? 2 or 3 if you have 75 or 125 animals total? That's nothing, you can get hundreds of everything just defeating parties and NEED the horde leader to bring them back!

Last edited:
riding horse is great if you have that for a companion that is gov of a settlement with horse villages like Askar, but I always take riding horse since I want as many horses and you get tons from battle and getting slowed tooo much sucks

Every infantry soldier cares for two horses and every cavalry troop for one horse.

For example with an army consisting of 100 infantry soldiers and 50 cavalry troops you can have 250 horses in your inventory without incurring the herd penalty.

Every infantry soldier cares for two horses and every cavalry troop for one horse.

For example with an army consisting of 100 infantry soldiers and 50 cavalry troops you can have 250 horses in your inventory without incurring the herd penalty.

This is why horde is always better... because if you're fighting, you will always end up over-horsed as Ananda said. Even looters end up with horses because they capture village parties. Horses horses horses coming out your ears. I am constantly getting rid of them.

This is not to be confused with the beast whisperer perk. Because you always need more Purebloods.

Back
Top Bottom