Rhodoks are great and unbeatable

Users who are viewing this thread

I decided to do the rhodoks rebellion, I hired 10 nord recruits early on who are now all huscarls, still have all 10 after taking 3 castles and Yalen.... (1000+ rhodoks dead over the campaign so far)

I'd say there's a fair number of liars in this thread. Just a guess. :grin:

The high-end Rhodok soldiers are pretty hardcore now. As are all faction's high-end soldiers. When you put an army composed primarily of elite troops versus the AI-led parties which are a mix of everything, it's only to be expected that the elites (which you are leading) win regardless of which faction you happen to be.

Next time you see a Deserters party of 30 or 40 Rhodok Sharpshooters, go fight them and see how that works out for you.  Make a video, too, so you have some proof of your claims.

(Why are they called Sharpshooters, anyway.  The term wasn't used until the US Civil War and very specifically referred to soldiers who carried a Sharps rifle...)

Momaw said:

The high-end Rhodok soldiers are pretty hardcore now. As are all faction's high-end soldiers. When you put an army composed primarily of elite troops versus the AI-led parties which are a mix of everything, it's only to be expected that the elites (which you are leading) win regardless of which faction you happen to be.

Next time you see a Deserters party of 30 or 40 Rhodok Sharpshooters, go fight them and see how that works out for you.  Make a video, too, so you have some proof of your claims.

(Why are they called Sharpshooters, anyway.  The term wasn't used until the US Civil War and very specifically referred to soldiers who carried a Sharps rifle...)

Bigger bow/crossbow... higher proficency=better accuarcy=hits from further away, like a sniper=marksman=sharpshooter, I dont have any problem seeing why they called them sharpshoothers!

Momaw said:

I did. Actually 35 sharpshooters. And I had a low to average army of 40 troops, no huscarls, some 5 veteran archers, 3 veteran fighters, and the rest below.
We raped their asses big time.
We had some 4 or 5 losses, and that was it.

And no we didn't just hide behind a hill and then attacked, they had ample time to fire and fire they did. But our shields took care of most of their arrows, and our hides and armors, the rest.

Against sergeants, specially in sieges, its not like this, but besides the sergeants, the rest of the rhodoks are cheap bastards.

I've been rolling with an army of sharpshooters and goddamn!  They are good in the field, good in siege offense and defense, and cheaper than knights.  I recently switched over to using Vaegir Marksmen (As I have personally conquered the entire Vaegir Kingdom) and I can't siege a castle for 10 seconds without 10 of the pieces of **** dropping dead.  Marksmen suck now compared to Rhodok Sharpshooters, even with their higher rate of fire.

Gerg said:
I've been rolling with an army of sharpshooters and goddamn!  They are good in the field, good in siege offense and defense, and cheaper than knights.  I recently switched over to using Vaegir Marksmen (As I have personally conquered the entire Vaegir Kingdom) and I can't siege a castle for 10 seconds without 10 of the pieces of **** dropping dead.  Marksmen suck now compared to Rhodok Sharpshooters, even with their higher rate of fire.

Yeh I think the Vaegir troops are ****house these days, so I just stick with the Swadians and Khergits these factions Marksmen are good. I might see whos range units are better out of the Swadians, Khergits and the Rhodoks. I will update back soon saying who I find better.

The Mercenary said:
Goodguy3 said:
My game started out with my faction (vaegirs) fighting the Rhodoks, and we took Jelkala :cool:.

Then they took it back. *facepalm*

Anyway, Vaegirs made peace with the Rhodoks, and now they're really close allies. I've helped them take two castles (technically, I just sent my 50 or so troops to assist. I couldn't fight, because my Framerate plummets during seiges) and defend three :smile:.

On the other hand, they saved me from a s*#t load of nords when I took my eyes off the screen  to quicksave :razz:.

Bet you thought this would say I was kidding. Jokes on you, sucker.

I was actually expected a picture of the massacre. :sad:

I diddn't know how to take screenshots at the time :sad:.

And it's funny, because while I was doing the Vaegir rebellion, they were kicking the Sheet out of the Nords. I diddn't notice it untill I was done with the rebellion, but the castle I took from the Nords before I rebelled was taken back, and then taken by the Rhodocks!

I don't know who's the best in v1.003...
I did however see 300 Rhodok troops fail vs 80 Swadians. It was Early on in the game so I wasn't present AND the Rhodoks did win but they took massive casualties.

In .960 the Rhodoks where awesome, not good fighting wise, but just cool. They also seemed to do well in Sieges but I haven't seen them in a siege in v1.003

Gerg said:
I've been rolling with an army of sharpshooters and goddamn!  They are good in the field, good in siege offense

I disagree completely. I led about 65 sharpshooters into a siege of 100 Nords and we lost hardcore. I've retried the siege over and over. Here are the scenarios...

1) I let my sharpshooters attempt to shoot the archers off the wall. This doesn't work. The sharpshooters miss too many shots and the Nords just devastated my men in the end.

2) I tell my men to hold fire until the siege tower is at the wall. I tell them to charge when it's ready and they never even made it onto the castle walls.

3) I wait until the enemy to run out of arrows. Inconveniently the enemy AI has infinite arrows and my men don't.

The K:grin: ratio was roughly 1:1. On EASY. I've also tried sieging a Khergit castle with similar results.

Only type of fight i had with sharpshooters was melee. Try to guess why.
THEY CAN'T AIM!!!

The Rhodoks are totally useless, there is only one troop that poses a threat which is the Rhodok sergeant because he uses a sword.  The crossbowmen are a nuisance but generally have already been spammed with arrows by me or my vaegir archers.  Oh yeah and its quite fun to knock whole columns of them over with my charger and my swadian knights.

voulge said:
The Rhodoks are totally useless, there is only one troop that poses a threat which is the Rhodok sergeant because he uses a sword.  The crossbowmen are a nuisance but generally have already been spammed with arrows by me or my vaegir archers.  Oh yeah and its quite fun to knock whole columns of them over with my charger and my swadian knights.

Congratulation, you are the winner of the "stupidest reasons why Rhodok sucks" contest...

duracell said:
voulge said:

Congratulation, you are the winner of the "stupidest reasons why Rhodok sucks" contest...

I also want to get in that contest.

I woudl say that Rhodoks suck, because:

well, just because.
Do I win something?

But still, I might also add that they are great fun to kick around. It's good for my ego, and my troops morale really gets up, when we smash armies 2 3 or sometimes 4 times bigger than ours. It's plain old clean fun!!!

:twisted:

Rhodoks get less credit than they deserve.

Sharpshooters and Sergeants are quite useful.

I don't know why everyone thinks it's cool to jump on the "rhodok sucks bandwagon."

Well in fairness they do suck.
Everyone below either Sharpshooter or Veteran Spearmen dies in the first five seconds of melee.

Anyone on Horseback can simply run away while Nords seem to just... survive.

Well in fairness they do suck.
Everyone below either Sharpshooter or Veteran Spearmen dies in the first five seconds of melee.

Anyone on Horseback can simply run away while Nords seem to just... survive.

Protip: Spearmen aren't supposed to be successful with a blanket CHARGE order. Commanding rhodoks competently does wonders...making sure you have a couple swordsmen/slicing polearms amongst your spearhorde will stop a couple enemies who got too close from wreaking havoc.

Back
Top Bottom