Rhagaea is hard mode, Derthert is easy mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a second 1.7 game and joined Ragy for a change. It was early game and she was already paying tribute to 4 factions!

She does all the bad leader stuff, makes peace while I'm sieging, makes double war and gets gang banged, gives me a castle in the middle of enemy land.

By contrast joining Derthert in my previous was just going around the lake in never ending wars making loads of cash and getting all kinds of good fiefs.
Ragy bleeds my money out making me walk from one ended war al the way to western more for the next one and back and so on!

I hate having to use an army for leadership, it's slow and it costs so much! Of course again in my vlandia vasal game it was non issue because there was plenty of battles all in easy to places. But for Khuzait and n empire I have to look all over to find them!

I mostly join Rhagaea so i can tell you for a fact that its 50/50 some times she destroys everyone and some times she gets destroyed there is no middle ground.

I mostly join Rhagaea so i can tell you for a fact that its 50/50 some times she destroys everyone and some times she gets destroyed there is no middle ground.

yeah I usually join her too... I find by the time I join, she's usually almost gone and it pleases me to rebuild her empire.

I joined rhagaea on my 1.7.0 sandbox and while she does have a difficult starting position (khergits east, surrounded by northern and western empire + aserai south) it is challenging but rewarding to play.

Rhagaea's line is the true line for the throne, let all doubt be quenched with the blood of traitors. Lucon and Garios will know nothing but the axe of treason for their disloyalty to the true crown.
Let it be sung:

Her mighty armies, will lead her to the crown.
Her followers will never sway, until she takes the royal gown.
Her name will be sung in every tavern and every town!
Her enemies will all be struck far, far down!

It's not a bad thing, Rhagaea is surrounded on all sides where Derhert is in the corner of the map, it makes sense to have some factions be more difficult than others to survive based on their situations

Rhagaea's line is the true line for the throne, let all doubt be quenched with the blood of traitors. Lucon and Garios will know nothing but the axe of treason for their disloyalty to the true crown.
Let it be sung:

Her mighty armies, will lead her to the crown.
Her followers will never sway, until she takes the royal gown.
Her name will be sung in every tavern and every town!
Her enemies will all be struck far, far down!
Rhagaea is a women who breaks marriage alliances. She can not be trusted.
In own of my games I married my little brother to Ira and one week after the marriage she declares war against my faction atleast I got more clan members, but I wish the Devs would allow to execute heroes who breaks marriage alliances.

By contrast joining Derthert in my previous was just going around the lake in never ending wars making loads of cash and getting all kinds of good fiefs.
Isnt this expected lorewise? For canon's sake or lore , Vlandia is supposed to win win in the end since they eventually become Swadia. Also Denthert is supposed to be a really good military commander with a soft heart.

Isnt this expected lorewise? For canon's sake or lore , Vlandia is supposed to win win in the end since they eventually become Swadia. Also Denthert is supposed to be a really good military commander with a soft heart.
Yeah and lore wise we expect Vlandia to grown so much it can become 2 factions and for the empires to go bye bye. I think Derthhert is my favorite faction leader. I'm giving Raggy a come back just for fun but it's very a incompetent faction. When she has the whole empire II will leave and start new kingdom in a good area like Ohdok or ORstic..... vlandian edge of the map.... she can keep all her stinky fiefs.

Now I bored again and want to start a new game. I got a bunch of fiefs, it was really easy and un-satisfying. Now it time to brake of but I just feel kind of bored.
6pS9E.jpg

That's a good haul of fiefs though, they're cutten me out of mekab vote though so it's betrayen time (if I kept playing)
t8I7P.jpg

Characters done too. or at least at the point it's boring. I wanted to try the 150 roguery perk but I never found enough prisoners to break out and now (actually for a long time) it doesn't matter, I don't need bandits to join me, just another of many many too late, too slow perks.

Now I wanna play and just be a lone clan, it's my favorite way to play.

You ought to make a Let's play sometime. I'm really curious of your action sequences.
Maybe if I upgrade my gear someday, people bully over my low capture rate ?
For now I 'm going to try some mods...or one mods that needs 3 other ****ing things to work.
Pa1xD.jpg

Time for Sir Vex Raider to raid again!
ao0Hp.jpg

Edit: Okay too many wives ruins the game, I might start over a limit myself to 5 wives in sandbox, to emulate the effect of having family members, but going around marrying everyone was too much! That's the thing with mods, I won't control myself so I need hard limits to stop me from actually filling the whole party with wives!
Even better, I can be an old lady and adopt steal children from villages!

Last edited:
I only did mercenary work with her. We fought against the Northern Empire. Took 4 Castles and at some point i held 37 of their nobles captive denying them ransom. Eventually they resorted to send pretty much every mercenary clan they could mobilize against us, most of those ended up captive as well. The war ends and i think "Great, this was a glorious victory", then i check the diplomacy tab and see she is paying tribute to Northern Empire, as well as 4 other kingdoms.

facepalm-deja-q-1068x777.jpg

Turned around, left, and never looked back.

When i did a playthrough with Rhagaea it went smooth but she does tend to end wars a little to early and the faction suffers from this (pay tributes). Denthert in the other hand seems to be the most tactical minded one. When i joined vlandia under his leadership the surrounding factions all bended to its might. It was glorious! Most of my best game moments were with Denthert. Best king ever.

Yeah and lore wise we expect Vlandia to grown so much it can become 2 factions and for the empires to go bye bye. I think Derthhert is my favorite faction leader. I'm giving Raggy a come back just for fun but it's very a incompetent faction. When she has the whole empire II will leave and start new kingdom in a good area like Ohdok or ORstic..... vlandian edge of the map.... she can keep all her stinky fiefs.

To be fair to Derthert, the Rhodok rebellion would likely have happened after his death. Strictly speaking, it is possible that one of his successors badly mismanaged the empire and caused the Rhodoks to revolt. At the very least, the rebellion happened after Vlandia became renamed to Swadia.

It is more a function of geography. The Southern Empire is not far from the other 2 empires, the Aserai, and the Khuazits. It's a far more difficult situation to defend and there aren't the topographical advantages a faction like Battania has.

To be fair to Derthert, the Rhodok rebellion would likely have happened after his death. Strictly speaking, it is possible that one of his successors badly mismanaged the empire and caused the Rhodoks to revolt. At the very least, the rebellion happened after Vlandia became renamed to Swadia.
That's would make sense that lead to warband, but I think that is too soon, I think just couple grandchild along the way would mess up. Derthert's children would watch and learn from Derthert's genius and leadership, would follow and copy Dertherts, but once Dertherts passed away, then his children's children do not know Derthert and not had chance to see, watch, learn, and copy, then everything fall in part from there, leading to Swadia take mightly knight, but did take crossbow, while Rhodoks take best crossbow and spearmen along with them.

Only thing problem is that Italians Rhodoks is based of Italians culture while Swadia is based Euro Culture, while Vlandia is strong culture of euro as well, more or less.

And other problem, where is missing faction in warband, where is missing city in warband from empire city? Land might not same, Taleworld keep changed lore story and not add up, not make sense, but it's closer or similar.

It's could make sense nuclear bomb wiped city off map, but this don't had nuclear bomb in timeline.

Yeah and lore wise we expect Vlandia to grown so much it can become 2 factions and for the empires to go bye bye.
Charlemagne?

Vlandia would be less attractive if they didn't only have the 1 border. I've been purposefully NOT joining them, but if you don't/can't pay attention to them first, they can really eat up anyone you weaken...

I played a loooong Aserai vagabond one time, til death, that was pretty easy to control/fall back, too.

Back
Top Bottom