RGL WARNING : STR NOT FOUND: ui_steam_not_running

Users who are viewing this thread

BananaBandit

Recruit
Launcher doesn't even start, game won't open. I've looked around and apparently I need to change something in my languages.txt (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=102335.0) but that txt file doesn't seem to exist. I deleted and redownloaded my game already.

Specs: Windows 7 (64-bit), AMD Radeon HD 6650M, AMD Phenom II P960 Quad Core ~1.8GHz, 6GB ram

The same EXACT thing is happening to me. Upon opening of the game I get the message, "STR NOT FOUND: ui_steam_not_running." I did my research and figured it had something to do with the languages.txt folder, which is a file I cannot find, although there is indeed a languages folder for the main game and all the mods. So I redownloaded it and nothing happens, anyone got a clue whats up?

I believe the structure changed, as the languages are now divided in folders. If you have the game on steam, right click it on the library, go properties, then go on the third tab "local files" and choose "verify the integrity of the files"

If it doesnt fix for you, let me know

I'm having the exact same problem as thread starter, and verifying integrity of game cache did nothing to help.

Hello i want to play the game in french cause i don't understand english 100% and i have this STR NOT FOUND error in menu and ingame while trying to order troups to move it shows me something like "ui not found" instead of showing for example "Everione hear me, Archers hear me, etc..." i've tried re-install the game a few times from steam and from taleworld site but still doesn't work in french.
In english everything works just fine but not in french how can i have this problem solved ?

Dobson said:
The same EXACT thing is happening to me. Upon opening of the game I get the message, "STR NOT FOUND: ui_steam_not_running." I did my research and figured it had something to do with the languages.txt folder, which is a file I cannot find, although there is indeed a languages folder for the main game and all the mods. So I redownloaded it and nothing happens, anyone got a clue whats up?

You should go to "My documents" there you'll find a mount&blade folder with a language.txt file in it
This language.txt only says "En" if you change the language before starting the game for example french, it will appear "fr" in the language.txt file

Back
Top Bottom