BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Revised promotion and Semi Finals

Users who are viewing this thread

Semis are such a wonderfull idea! Ty Bard and Aero now we can all play this great game 1 more week. Semis are making competition even more interesting and now we can all enjoy fighting strong clans 1 more week instead of usual 6 weeks!!!

yes it would add a week, which is why we previously did not wan to do this. But lately the teams decided on a long break anyway so if that happens again the effect is not a problem. If we go straight into the next season we would expect that teams who are competive enough to go through the promotion system dont need along break so we would not increase the total time taken for tourney + break.

So it was a problem in WHEE's case but when you want to implement stupid things in the middle of tournament - it's not a problem. Nice admins. Go ahead.

Semis are such a wonderfull idea! Ty Bard and Aero now we can all play this great game 1 more week. Semis are making competition even more interesting and now we can all enjoy fighting strong clans 1 more week instead of usual 6 weeks!!!
the extra week is happening because of the revised promotion system. Since we had the extra week anyway there was an opportunity to add semis (which was a suggestion from a previous tournament) so we put up a consultation post.

If the teams do not want to do it I can only wonder that they did not bother to post about it before. If it is such an obviously bad idea why the silence when teh suggestion was first made, when we put up this post right up to when everyone knows who the top 4 will be?

I don't see a problem either way. tbh having the final is a bit off in a RR ladder.

So it was a problem in WHEE's case but when you want to implement stupid things in the middle of tournament - it's not a problem. Nice admins. Go ahead.

We didnt want to implement it
It doesnt matter either way for the admins. It is just a way of keeping teams playing during the extra week caused by the revised promo system. if all the teams concerned dont want to thats not a big deal. But why not make your views known when th subject is being decided?

the extra week is happening because of the revised promotion system. Since we had the extra week anyway there was an opportunity to add semis (which was a suggestion from a previous tournament) so we put up a consultation post.

If the teams do not want to do it I can only wonder that they did not bother to post about it before. If it is such an obviously bad idea why the silence when teh suggestion was first made, when we put up this post right up to when everyone knows who the top 4 will be?

I don't see a problem either way. tbh having the final is a bit off in a RR ladder.
Yes excactly, I see no problems in semis cuz it's a very good idea!

We didnt want to implement it
It doesnt matter either way for the admins. It is just a way of keeping teams playing during the extra week caused by the revised promo system. if all the teams concerned dont want to thats not a big deal. But why not make your views known when th subject is being decided?

In WHEE's case most teams wasn't mind to play additional week. Now teams are against that idea buut you want to implement it anyway. The perfect example how care you are about community's opinion.

Hmm imho its not fair to ask for a "general agreement" mid tournament and also in holiday season where most ppl are not even here to see the post. Also general agreement should be asked with a poll for each division and/or team to vote for, not a handfull of people who agree with a reply to this thread.

But on the other side, I like the idea being implemented for testings in next Beast.

In WHEE's case most teams wasn't mind to play additional week. Now teams are against that idea buut you want to implement it anyway. The perfect example how care you are about community's opinion.
The perfect example is that by insulting, harassing and bullying the admins to bend and break the entire tournament structure apart to placate up to 8 egos is not the way to go and you will not get what you want. The open disrespect issued to lower divisions - sorry this tournament has more than Div A - was just the tip of the iceberg. If you guys think the general rules of this competition ("rules and ****") should not apply for you, **** on 75% of the competition and reject the high spot in Division B offered to you ("not enough"), no problem, because we have 32 teams who actually intend to play by the rules.

Last edited:
The perfect example is that by insulting, harassing and bullying the admins to bend and break the entire tournament structure apart to placate up to 8 egos is not the way to go and you will not get what you want. The open disrespect issued to lower divisions - sorry this tournament has more than Div A - was just the tip of the iceberg. If you guys think the general rules of this competition ("rules and ****") should not apply for you, **** on 75% of the competition and reject the high spot in Division B offered to you ("not enough"), no problem, because we have 32 teams who actually intend to play by the rules.

You are confusing. First you decided not to let us play, and only then people started all these "harassing and bullying".

You are confusing. First you decided not to let us play, and only then people started all these "harassing and bullying".
You did start your sub-par behavior before any decision was made. Apri openly told me that "without bullying Ikea would not forked over the Div A slot". I told him that this approach will not work with me, will be counter productive and you guys chose to go forward with your poor behavior regardless before any decision was made.
Nice touch trying to excuse your bad behavior with "you not let us play" when you were actually offered a slot in the second highest division.

I will not tolerate these open attacks and retaliate if necessary. There is no need to cooperate with people who think dishing out insults, harass and try to bully people into submission is the legitimate approach to push their agenda and achieve what they want.

Anyway, this also completely OT to the actual topic so I'll get the forum moderators in now in case this topic gets spammed with WHEE-stuff.

Last edited:
I counted 6-7 persons excluding administration who support this idea neither of these people play in Division A. So you made "General agreement" with 7 people. I don't see any clans from division A who would be interested in the semi-finals XD

You added the option to play the semi-finals along with the play-offs for second places. It's probably obvious that every clan from divisions lower than A will support it without even paying attention to these semi-finals.

I counted 6-7 persons excluding administration who support this idea neither of these people play in Division A. So you made "General agreement" with 7 people. I don't see any clans from division A who would be interested in the semi-finals XD

You added the option to play the semi-finals along with the play-offs for second places. It's probably obvious that every clan from divisions lower than A will support it without even paying attention to these semi-finals.
I agree that a vote would have made more sense, having said that there is more support for this promotion structure with 2nd place involved than is currently visible in this thread as most have already voiced their preferences in different threads. It does however seem that for earlier mentioned reasons most people have given or are starting to give up on voicing their opinions altogether.

Last edited:

Once again the administration have no position one way or the other. The suggestion for semis was made in a previous suggestions thread but not taken up becuase adding the extra week is nto desirable. Then a strong case was made for the extra week in promotions so the semis came into consideration again simply as somethign for the teams to do while during the extra week.

Once again, the thread about the proposed changes was open for everyone to comment, if the div A teams had felt strongly enough to be bothered to comment their views would have been taken into account. For such an update, with no fairness or administrative implications one affected player saying 'no' would be enough to hold over the update to the next season, or maybe not happen at all since semis are a bit of an anomaly.

This did not happen, no-one argued against the semis, so the implication was players were at best OK with it and at worst indifferent. The question had to be setttled quickly before a strong indication of final results.

But the people complaining now did not care about the issue until after they knew who was in the top 4 slots 2 sets of results after the rule change was decided.

Back
Top Bottom