BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Revised promotion and Semi Finals

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

In response to suggestions that 2nd place teams could have he chance of promotion Deacon has devised an improvement on the current fast track system which the admins intend to implement for the next season. If there is general agreement we would consider implementing it for this season.

Since there will be an extra round of promotion matches we would also include a semi final before the final giving the top 4 teams in A a chance at the title.
The extra week of matches will only affect those involves in promotions and the top 4 div A, so it would be considered as part of the break and not prolong the season + break (which considering the long breaks we have been forced into lately is negligable anyway).

As an example:
At the moment the winner of Div C would have an automatic promotion to Div B in addition to a promotion match with 5th place Div A which if they win would take them into Div A. The change would be to have 1st place Div C play a first promotion match against 2nd place Div B, the winner of this match to play against 5th place Div A for the chance of promotion to A. Nothing else changes.

tmOmZZ7.png
Matches
  • Final : Winner Semi Final 1 vs. Winner Semi Final 2
  • Bronze : Loser Semi Final 1 vs. Loser Semi Final 2
  • SemiFinal 1 : Division A 1st place vs. Division A 4th place
  • SemiFinal 2 : Division A 2nd place vs. Division A 3rd place
  • Promotion Match 1: Division C seed 1 vs. Division B seed 2
  • Promotion Match 2: Division D seed 1 vs. Division C seed 2
  • Promotion Match 3: Division E seed 1 vs. Division D seed 2
  • Promotion Match 4: Winner promotion match 1 vs. Division A seed 5
  • Promotion Match 5: Winner promotion match 2 vs. Division B seed 5
  • Promotion Match 6: Winner promotion match 3 vs. Division C seed 5

Promotions
  • Division B seed 1: promoted to Division A

Demotions
  • Division A seed 6: demoted to Division B
  • Division B seed 6: demoted to Division C
  • Division C seed 6: demoted to Division D
  • Division D seed 6: demoted to Division E

I wish for a civil discussion. We gave it due consideration and would like to get feedback before making any changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see the point of semis, even finals are a relict of BHS kind of league.
Not in favour of those changes, but they are not terrible. One thing though, why wouldnt it count towards the break ?

I dont see the point of semis, even finals are a relict of BHS kind of league.
Not in favour of those changes, but they are not terrible. One thing though, why wouldnt it count towards the break ?

If we have another long break for whatever reason it does not really matter ofc. But assuming there is no reason for anything more than a 2-3 week break then it is undesirable to increase the non play time for all the non promotion match teams.
breaks are always fluid anyhow.

I think like this you are overcomplicating things and making the tourney last for to long. The changes are fine but I personally would find it a lot better if for example 6th place of Div A automatically demotes and first place of Div B goes up while 5th place of Div A plays against second place of Div B and the winner stays/promotes.
Perhaps a voting for all teams with a few options would be best suiting.

tbh this really is not that different to what you propose nor is it really complicated.

It is basically a straight promotion for the 1st in the div and and a demotion for the last in the div with an opportunity for exceptional teams to find their place a little faster than would otherwise be the case.

This benefits the teams who are in the correct div and might otherwise be playing against teams too skilled for that div.

tbh this really is not that different to what you propose nor is it really complicated.

It is basically a straight promotion for the 1st in the div and and a demotion for the last in the div with an opportunity for exceptional teams to find their place a little faster than would otherwise be the case.

This benefits the teams who are in the correct div and might otherwise be playing against teams too skilled for that div.
yeah it's almost the same. Which is why I had deleted my post xD.
I just don't think an extra week with the Div C to A promotion possibility is necessary

Lmao I'm glad you are finally doing this but the absurdity is that we already suggested this exact change since the moment the fast track was announced months ago, I can quote the reactions we got on it they went far and wide. We were told this idea was idiotic, stupid, unfeasable, and not to be taken seriously among other things not to mention the slander that Kwentrith received for simply arguing the flaws of the previous system.

My thanks to Deviant but at the very least I would have expected you guys to acknowledge these other people including myself and that got wrongfully trashed for it at every argument they made.

Last edited:
To avoid an additional waiting time, is it possible to integrate the additional promotion match during the inter season?

with the new system there is one more promotion match so one more week for the others to wait for the next edition.
yes it would add a week, which is why we previously did not wan to do this. But lately the teams decided on a long break anyway so if that happens again the effect is not a problem. If we go straight into the next season we would expect that teams who are competive enough to go through the promotion system dont need along break so we would not increase the total time taken for tourney + break.

So all this really does is have additional relegation matches for 5th and 2nd place teams as well as an additional week for the semi-finals? Is that summary accurate?
Overall it'd probably spice things up and make divisions more permeable but not a rollercoaster ride.
Considering we're not even half-way through the season, I'd say there's still time to adopt that system if most of us are fine with it.

So all this really does is have additional relegation matches for 5th and 2nd place teams as well as an additional week for the semi-finals? Is that summary accurate?
Overall it'd probably spice things up and make divisions more permeable but not a rollercoaster ride.
Considering we're not even half-way through the season, I'd say there's still time to adopt that system if most of us are fine with it.

i is one more week for a few teams. the semi finals thing was previously proposed. if we are having the one mrore week anyway there is no reason why not but it also isn't necessary. just one more chance for the teams.

What is the reason behind there being no D Seed 5 vs E Seed 2 Promo-match?
Actually, I think you did set that up, but it is missing in the "new promotion rules", so it's more likely an oversight.

there was a copy paste error in the matches but I am not sure it addresses your question.
the new rules have been adjusted in the OP
Play-Off Match 7 is listed in the table, but not the summary of the new promo rules. Sorry for putting it a little cryptic before.

Back
Top Bottom