[Review] Issues encountered on first 3 hours of playing

Users who are viewing this thread

(1) CTD every 30 minutes

Enough said. I use EVGA 460 GTX, i5, 8 GB RAM with Windows 7. Very standard gig.

(2) Lag

Experienced when choosing a town-interaction option, entering the town-interaction menu, changing screens. Never experienced in Warband

(3) Starting stats

Very uncustomizable. They also look way too high to begin with. 7 points in Persuasion at level 1? wtf?

(4) Unit faces/models

Faces are very bad in general. Bodies look weird. Consider giving the option of porting over vanilla models as an option

(5) Missing Village Elder option

It's meaningless to force people to run across town each time to find the elder. If it is desired to have players walk around the villages to admire the level designers' efforts, consider giving them some actual motivation to do that by providing some rewarding activities - Hunting, building houses, designing fortifications, creeping, etc.

(6) "Pagans are hated in this village"

No impact at all. Village elders still happily let me buy recruits for a 300 bribe and those Christian lords still treat me normally.

(7) Weapons

I absolutely hate the thrust attack. Can you please please give us the option to assign that action to a separate key-binding? Alternatively, make thrust stronger or just make swing the only attack option. It'll be helpful.

(:cool: Unit starting levels

The level of a Frisian recruit starts at 15. Then later I recruited some Irish recruits and they start at level 12. This means the trainer skill is absolutely useless for the first dozen levels. It also means the player starts out stupidly weak compare to the lowest level soldiers.

(9) Slings

Those big slings like to swing forever before that rock gets thrown.

I'll add more after sinking another hour in:

(10) Tournaments

It's the same old crap with randomized weapons. Jesus. Can we at least choose a category? Its a generic Warband issue but this should've been fixed long ago.

(11) Spears

Slow and absolutely a pain to use. Might as well remove them from the game altogether since the thrust attack is so weak.

Back
Top Bottom