Revert to 1.7.1 update, focus on crashes and custom servers

Users who are viewing this thread

It's not perfect, but even with these problems I would still say it's a good combat system, definitely superior to any other directional combat game I've played (Chiv, Mordhau, MoE, Last Oasis, Gloria Victis). Like I said - it's a good base, and now just needs to be tweaked by people that are more familiar with it than TW.
yes I to big gamer in Gloria Victis Loast oasis & agree Bannerlords directional base is superior.

Yeah, no. To say Bannerlord has a better combat system than Mordhau is outrageous. It’s just a lie. It’s only a good base insofar as it can be modded, which has less to do with the combat and more to do with the way the files are structured. With this argument, Super Smash Bros Brawl had a “good combat system” because it was able to be modded into Project M, when in reality the games combat was horrid and the mod was good because it could be modded, not because the games base combat was good.
whether it can be modded or non modded, quite contradictory what your saying. modded or not its still better than most, and not nearly as hackable/scriptable as other directional combat games. So many others had auto block scripts etc etc.

whether it can be modded or non modded, quite contradictory what your saying. modded or not its still better than most, and not nearly as hackable/scriptable as other directional combat games. So many others had auto block scripts etc etc.
How is it contradictory? Bannerlord’s combat system is terrible; worst than most games currently such as mordhau. I haven’t played the others but it is very difficult to make a games combat as bad as Bannerlord’s, at least in comparison to warband.

Yeah, no. To say Bannerlord has a better combat system than Mordhau is outrageous. It’s just a lie. It’s only a good base insofar as it can be modded, which has less to do with the combat and more to do with the way the files are structured. With this argument, Super Smash Bros Brawl had a “good combat system” because it was able to be modded into Project M, when in reality the games combat was horrid and the mod was good because it could be modded, not because the games base combat was good.
Hmm I've always said Mordhau is a great implantation of a bad combat system, and Bannerlord is a terrible implementation of a good one. Mordhau is the built by pros, for pros, and has had tonnes of care taken about its timings and the specific stats and animations etc. Unfortunately the game itself just limits the skill ceiling through stamina and being based on timed blocks.

Bannerlord is completely wrong headed but because its core is still Mount & Blade, there is still some sort of skill ceiling there, though its existence is basically accidental.

Bannerlord is a good game. I'd be happy to keep playing even if balance stayed just as it is. The only thing TW needs to do is fix the stability issues, which is probably not an easy thing with all the spaghetti in the code, but its a one time fix. And once you resolve stability issues, just enable custom servers and BOOM - you have a fun, functional multiplayer!

Its really that simple. Stability and Custom servers. Its never too late to do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom