Revert to 1.7.1 update, focus on crashes and custom servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Adderall

Recruit
I think it's time TW faces reality and accepts that Bannerlord MP is not an esport. I get it, we paid 50 USD for the game but TW can only let interns work on MP. That's fine but clearly the vision and ideas for Bannerlord MP are not achievable for whoever is working on it. So instead of trying until 2026 to get a working ranked system (and a perfectly balanced game) why not focus on the most pressing issues that are relevant for the current players? FPS stutters, custom servers, and most importantly; crashes.

I think it's time TW faces reality and accepts that Bannerlord MP is not an esport. I get it, we paid 50 USD for the game but TW can only let interns work on MP. That's fine but clearly the vision and ideas for Bannerlord MP are not achievable for whoever is working on it. So instead of trying until 2026 to get a working ranked system (and a perfectly balanced game) why not focus on the most pressing issues that are relevant for the current players? FPS stutters, custom servers, and most importantly; crashes.
agree with this

yep, their original visions for the game aren't what they wanted but that doesn't mean the project has to fail. TW just need to accept that they've created a really good base game (in terms of multiplayer combat), and let modders and players shape and build on that base to create something we genuinely want. Instead of releasing new content and trying to balance, make the servers stable and release custom servers. This would probably be enough for them to call multiplayer finished - as long as the official/custom servers do remain stable afterwards.

TW just need to accept that they've created a really good base game (in terms of multiplayer combat)
What are you talking about? Bannerlord’s combat is terrible. Shield bashing, spin to win, swings killing anything behind you, etc. it’s a train wreck and needs to be modded to even be capable of play.
This would probably be enough for them to call multiplayer finished - as long as the official/custom servers do remain stable afterwards
Wow, almost as if literally everyone who has ever touched multiplayer has asked for this. I wonder what TW response will be…

I think they should go back to 2 years ago.. The first early access versions were much more stable and fun.

don't panic guys tw team working hard..

bug-fixing.gif

What are you talking about? Bannerlord’s combat is terrible. Shield bashing, spin to win, swings killing anything behind you, etc. it’s a train wreck and needs to be modded to even be capable of play.
It's not perfect, but even with these problems I would still say it's a good combat system, definitely superior to any other directional combat game I've played (Chiv, Mordhau, MoE, Last Oasis, Gloria Victis). Like I said - it's a good base, and now just needs to be tweaked by people that are more familiar with it than TW.

It's not perfect, but even with these problems I would still say it's a good combat system, definitely superior to any other directional combat game I've played (Chiv, Mordhau, MoE, Last Oasis, Gloria Victis). Like I said - it's a good base, and now just needs to be tweaked by people that are more familiar with it than TW.
Compared to all those games, I agree.

It's the 2nd best melee game for sure.

Yeah, no. To say Bannerlord has a better combat system than Mordhau is outrageous. It’s just a lie. It’s only a good base insofar as it can be modded, which has less to do with the combat and more to do with the way the files are structured. With this argument, Super Smash Bros Brawl had a “good combat system” because it was able to be modded into Project M, when in reality the games combat was horrid and the mod was good because it could be modded, not because the games base combat was good.

Back
Top Bottom