Reverence: FPS Melee with Full Control of your Movement

Users who are viewing this thread

falonso

Recruit
Almost 2 years ago, I posted here to get feedback on my prototype for a fps melee concept where you have total control of your arm movement (TACMA). Now after a lot of hard work I just launched the Kickstarter for Reverence: The Ultimate Combat Experience, with a system to offer complete control intuitively. Please check out the video and let me know what you think: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1773037999/reverence-the-ultimate-combat-experience

I'd be happy to answer any questions too!

Thanks! I'm currently the only developer, so it's about as indie as you get. If funded I would look to grow the team and polish everything. Overall, it's just a concept that I always wanted to be realized.

That would be nice haha, I think the concept resonates with a lot of people that also always wanted to have a melee game that worked this way. I really appreciate all the positive feedback! I'm a one man dev team so I'm trying my best to get the word out.

I know this is an alpha and you are doing this by yourself, but it would be nice if you could add some kinda of stance pose for the characters, instead of him just standing up straight. Other than that it looks awesome

I think full arm control won't add anything (but frustration) if you're going for a serious combat game. If it adds anything, it's hilariousness, like QWOP.

I remember playing with Raz and this American fellow whose name escapes me. Not Fooshie, but some other yank who was around a lot in 2008. I cut off both their weapon arms as the sword piggie and then spent the rest of the round chasing them and whacking at them with their own arms. Jolly good fun.

Back
Top Bottom