"Revenue Farming" quest is a nice step in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread

I just did the new quest and i thought that it was just a copy and past of the warband one, but as soon as it started i noticed that i had to go in 3 different villages from this lord, arriving there i started collection the taxes and a issue emerged, my troops were accused of sexual harassment from a woman of the village, and i had 3 choices:

1 - punish my man in front of the villagers
2 - ignore the accusation
3 - just leave the village

and each of this decision has some consequences, i chosed to punish my man in front of the villagers, upon seeing such behaviour the villagers had felt that justice have been made and my relations improved with the notables and i was able to continue collection taxes.

I think that this little change is a great improvement for the game, i for the first time felt really immersed and was quite impressed with this nice touch.

What do you guys think about this? anyone else had tried this quest?

I really liked it as well, but fine tuning is needed, even though I didn't see all the outcomes yet. A cool thing is that after I collect all that is due, I get a prompt advising me to send it to the owner or be outlawed. That's an improvement from Warband. Matter of fact, it was my standard first mission, use the money as a sort of an early game loan.

I chose the same option(flog my soldier) and was expecting a morale drop. I've collected all the money and still get a relationship bonus? Tax collectors will never ever be liked - even if they're doing their jobs! :grin:

The other option I had gave me a -10 relation with all notables, perhaps a bit harsh.

Not sure about the 3rd option is about. In any case, they could make use of the dialogue system(like in the army of poachers quest) and take your traits etc into consideration. That is not to say the dialogue system is currently good, some work is still needed.

This is great indeed!
Last time I played was July 2020 (I'm waiting for feasts, more dialogue and bandit playthrough, don't know if these will come though) so i'm not aware of any new additions since.
Anything making a comeback from warband and being improved on is a win in my book :grin:

This is great indeed!
Last time I played was July 2020 (I'm waiting for feasts, more dialogue and bandit playthrough, don't know if these will come though) so i'm not aware of any new additions since.
Anything making a comeback from warband and being improved on is a win in my book :grin:
I quit last october and recently started a new playthrough, its been a difference of night and day. I can highly recommend firing BL up again. Im playing unmodded and havent gotten bored yet or felt like needing mods.

I quit last october and recently started a new playthrough, its been a difference of night and day. I can highly recommend firing BL up again. Im playing unmodded and havent gotten bored yet or felt like needing mods.
Nice!
I've been thinking about installing lately, my fear is to burn through too fast since i have 170 hours in it already... haha
Just a question:
Do you miss feasts or any bandit features?

Nice!
I've been thinking about installing lately, my fear is to burn through too fast since i have 170 hours in it already... haha
Just a question:
Do you miss feasts or any bandit features?
No... But, I’ve not replaced not playing BL by playing Warband.. If I were you I’d ignore my advice to start anew. Because as the game is entertaining, engaging and has pleasantly surprised me this playthrough, it is still not a successor of WB.
Diplomacy, courts, ministers, messengers are still dearly missed. Other rpg elements have inproved. Companions have characteristics, traits are meaningful, taverns are actually full instead of having just 3 npcs. But its not warband. Might never be.

Back
Top Bottom