Resolved Returning fief didn't lower the actual number of fief you had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

DeGorro82

Recruit
Condition: First, I do use mod & cheat, but what this about doesn't related to this problem. In this campaign, I choose to pledge loyalty to Rhagaea, so my status is a vassal.

Summary: I conquered several settlement, if it's city, I vote for myself. If castle, I try to vote for another nobles. In my campaign, I conquered several castle, but I didn't want it, yet it given to me because I still doesn't have any fief, so the chance always lean to me. Short story, I own 2 cities & 5 castles. I know that the odds are getting lower the more you have as the kingdom mandate to share between nobles. So I return all the 5 castles I had to the kingdom and through voting, the other nobles now owns it. Now I only have 2 cities and the others nobles had a lot of fiefs, hoping my chances are gonna return higher. So I take another town and hope my chance in the voting heavily lean on me, yet it's not. In the voting screen, the 2 other nobles who already had 1~2 town plus 3~4 castle, mean they had 5 fiefs, Noble A have 60% vote, Noble B have vote 40% and myself 0%. I'm surprise because I only have 2 fiefs, yet I have no support vote on it. I still not think it's bugs or failed design, so I keep conquering settlements and still, my vote chance are 0%, even though the other 2 nobles in the voting already had 4~7 fiefs. Coincidentally, I look at the savefile information only to see that my Fief # are still 7 !

Thus my conclusion/guessing about this is the failed design on returning fief to the kingdom. When you do, the game still thinking you own those fiefs AND the nobles who got the fief from returning fief voting didn't. So when I only have 2 fief, it's still say I have 7. The nobles who get it, let say he's only have 1 before, now owns 5 fiefs, but the game still think he only own 1. So he will always had advantage support on the next fief voting.

How to Reproduce: Try to have +5 to 8 castle or town, simply return 3/4 of your fief to the kingdom & get another nobles get it. Save the game, then check your save game information - Fief # (bottom right in save/load screen). Conquer another settlement, the odds to get another fief in the voting are close to nothing. Using 100 influence points only get you +20%.

I dont have any proof of my theory, but I dont think your understanding is the "whole picture".

I think the realm on the voteing takes more into account than how many fiefs you have.
1. Those lords have other fiefs nearby - you dont.
2. Those lords have more votes by other lords(is shown by the lords "backing up the lord") - you have 0 backup.
3. Clan rank, other have higher rank than you. Thus its Expected they are rewarded more than you.

Again this isnt science or what you want to call it, but it is from "Observation" of how lords are assigned/voted on etc.
Granted I'm not claiming to have the whole picture either on the voteing system, but I think based on my observations that the npc's take those things into consideration.

I dont have any proof of my theory...
Hmm ... okay. I'll try to conquer more settlement that close to my fiefs & other that far, also pay attention to which nobles get the fief.(y)... having problem with the kingdom so erraticaly declaring peace & war, without thinking how to defend the land strategically.

Hmm ... okay. I'll try to conquer more settlement that close to my fiefs & other that far, also pay attention to which nobles get the fief.(y)... having problem with the kingdom so erraticaly declaring peace & war, without thinking how to defend the land strategically.
That however is another topic, and yah peace & war is less than ideal imo atm(specially that the latter part have no intrest in general for the ai (defense)).

Again I'm not saying I'm right, but its what it feels like from my observed "long games".

Hello, i will inform the devs about the issue. Meanwhile, to make sure this is not a mod-related problem please manually remove the mod files, verify the integrity of the game and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign. Thank you for reporting it in and please let me know if the issue is gone after removing the mods.

Back
Top Bottom