Resolved Return of the bug where "liberated lords" are stuck in others party instead of being freed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Zorion_no

Sergeant
Summary: an lord in my faction was "rescued" by another lord in my faction.
Instead of this lord being set free like they normally should - its now stuck in the party of that lord.

This is a return of a bug that I havent experience in a few patches now.

The issue is really bad, as it means that there is unknown amount of lords that cant be used in the field as commanders, since they are part of other parties instead.

There is only 1 way for it to be fixed and that is the "liberating" lord being defeated, then both are "set free" typically after(read normal escape etc).

I cant figure out on the spot on where to provide a savefile for you to inspect it.
So if anyone have the link to the uploader that would be appriciated.

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Ok made a ticket, with link to this url, and included the savefile called Rolan.sav

The dev just need to open the file, inspect the nearby party of Milanka and hover over it, there they will see the roster of the party.
In the roster it will start with Milanka as it should, but then its Rolan which shouldnt be there, the rest is ordinary troops.

For the record in this case Milanka's party wasnt defeated for 4 ingame years, and then the issue finally was resolved.
So Rolan is again "free".

I have seen a few other lords in the same situation aswell later in the game, when I got aware of the issue have made a comeback.

I have the same issue
TVaDY.jpg

I have the same issue
TVaDY.jpg

if I'm seeing it correctly, Sein is a follower of yours who have Peric in his party?

Should this be the case a "fix" for you is to transfer Peric over into your party, then dismiss him from your party later on(note make a "hardsave" before trying this.

But I'm "sure" it worked when I had this happend back in the day.
Peric should then "return as normal in 3 days or so".

This bug though, is somewhat "gamebreaking" when it really stack as I've have seen a few times now.
Where more than 1 lord who where rescued got in the party of 1 lord.

But try the suggested approach, and see if it "frees up Peric" again.(Again I cant stress how important its to make a hard save)(should you be on Ironman, then just copy the save over to another folder you make(not in the same or subfolders of the default savegames, but in a totally different folder - just make /my documents/bakcup save)

Should this be the case a "fix" for you is to transfer Peric over into your party, then dismiss him from your party later on(note make a "hardsave" before trying this.
In one of my saves I have two lords from different clans stuck in the garrison of my castle. I can't transfer them to my party even when I use button which moves all troops to my party, so this fix might not work sadly.

if I'm seeing it correctly, Sein is a follower of yours who have Peric in his party?

But I'm "sure" it worked when I had this happend back in the day.
Peric should then "return as normal in 3 days or so".

This bug though, is somewhat "gamebreaking" when it really stack as I've have seen a few times now.
Where more than 1 lord who where rescued got in the party of 1 lord.

But try the suggested approach, and see if it "frees up Peric" again.(Again I cant stress how important its to make a hard save)(should you be on Ironman, then just copy the save over to another folder you make(not in the same or subfolders of the default savegames, but in a totally different folder - just make /my documents/bakcup save)

Well I've found another issue with this bug.
Where Vitomira now is in my castle, but I cant move her over to my party(I'm guessing the same may apply to the Peric situation?)
I tried to move all the troops over with the -->> button but she didnt move over.

I noticed that my castle had a ! on it, and when I entered it there was no lord present with a quest(dungeon is clear) and no one besides my steaward in the "throne room".

I had a suspicion, and then I saw the roster of troops.

So in this case I'm guessing she was rescued by a lord, and when we captured the castle, she was donated as a troop.

I'm makeing a ticket, and adding in a file called vitomira.sav to it, so that the devs can look at it.

Should be easy - go to the castle where my character is next to, open the garrison, noticed that far down Vitormira is on the roster.

In one of my saves I have two lords from different clans stuck in the garrison of my castle. I can't transfer them to my party even when I use button which moves all troops to my party, so this fix might not work sadly.

Lol, I was just makeing a long post about the same issue, and yeah it prolly wont work.

the only real way to get the character out is the default - let the party be defeated, then they should return as normal.

That happend with the first lord I made in this case (Rolan who was stuck in the other lords party)(funny enough this time its that same lord(lady) who is stuck in my castle..)(serendeptiy?)

I have a golden save file with game saved right before this bug has happend.
I think it will be the best save file for reproducing this issue, because there are four noble prisoners in a castle which you can free by simply auto resolving the siege battle. After that, these prisoners will get recruited to the parties from allied army and some of them will get donated to the castle's garrison. Next, you can just leave this army, wait a moment in game and easly win a vote for the ownership of this castle.

I have uploaded this save file via ticket system.

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Glad to hear, ad notam - this is a recurring bug though, which was patched out, ideally try not to get it back in down the line :razz:

As I've sort of seen that its somewhat "gamebreaking" or can really mess games up with several lords who should be leading armies taken out of the pool - which have a huge impact :wink:

For enyone interested, I have tested it on beta e1.7.1 and it seems like is has been mostly fixed. Liberated lords are correctly freed now, but lords who where already stuck in parties still are stuck in those parties.
I guess they might "fix" themselves after some time in game if those parties gets defeated, but I haven't tested it yet, so I might be wrong on this one.

For enyone interested, I have tested it on beta e1.7.1 and it seems like is has been mostly fixed. Liberated lords are correctly freed now, but lords who where already stuck in parties still are stuck in those parties.
I guess they might "fix" themselves after some time in game if those parties gets defeated, but I haven't tested it yet, so I might be wrong on this one.
They will be freed up when defeated though.
Atleast from what I've observed.

Back
Top Bottom