SP - UI Reticles for Siege Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure how much of this is UI as it is core-gameplay, please advise / move if this is not in the right place.

Simply I'd like an overlay for estimated strike of projectiles, similar to how the cannon reticule / aiming plane worked in AC: Black Flag. I think it makes the most sense for catapults and trebuchets.

Screen_Shot_2013-11-19_at_2.40.26_PM.png

For the ballista, a standard reticle that looks like the current icon for ranged weapons is fine, but a "leaf sight" style reticle could be good since the ballista bolts seem to drop depending on how far they are shot. Something similar to a M203, but translucent, but tied to the weapon model itself.

pwv9mueqj5zy.png

Or maybe not an reticle but maybe some meassurments ? Maybe via a perk. Something like the enemy catapult is like something something meters left/right and up or down. And do some calculation with catapult and trebuchet to avoid friendly fire. You know back in the days the guys had to do some steps to correctly hit those targets.. not like in bannerlord, totally blind.

Hey @MRay sorry to bump this but any feedback on:
1) plans for adding crosshairs to Ballista
2) Any feedback on adding AOE targets or AC:4 style reticules (or just anything to help targeting) to Trebs/Catapults?

Thanks much in advance, love the UX work and dedication to your craft, really love to see great design work!

@LuciusDomitiusAurelianus I think, if I'm not misremembering so take this with a bit skepticism in front, in the end we've decided to add 3D reticles for siege engines. So it should be in the plans, but I don't have an ETA atm. For AOE, I wouldn't expect that, just a reticle/line for ballista and an arching line for catapults/trebuchets. (so no circle at the end of the arch, just the arch itself)

@LuciusDomitiusAurelianus I think, if I'm not misremembering so take this with a bit skepticism in front, in the end we've decided to add 3D reticles for siege engines. So it should be in the plans, but I don't have an ETA atm. For AOE, I wouldn't expect that, just a reticle/line for ballista and an arching line for catapults/trebuchets.
ETA or not, I think that 3D approach (if it was taken) sounds really great. Thanks for taking up the suggestion, and I am excited to see the finished product no matter what when it is ready. Hope you have a great weekend!

@MRay hey my friend, cannot believe it's been a year already. Looks like the Ballista got a reticle of sorts on the model but nothing like a bow/crossbow/thrown weapon yet. Still nothing on the catapults/trebuchets.

Any update you can share? Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom