restricting map size instead of flag system for battle mode

Users who are viewing this thread

I am not a fan of the flag system(in battle mode) and believe that a restricting map size(like fortnite except that the map reduces towards the highest density of players; so if two armies were to face off it would reduce in-between them forcing them towards each other)would work better then the 3 flag system that currently exists.

With the 3 flag system you still have players who hide in the corner of the map until the very end, but with a reducing map size players have to focus on positional strategy instead of flag camping (when one side is winning heavily the map size could reduce quicker).

Yeah you could just turtle in a defensive position if you’ve a numbers advantage. The flag mechanics are changing next patch so we’ll see what it’s like.

What? How would that work?

Maps in M&B are generally quite close quartered to limit archer and cav. But with a dense close quarter map you cannot just reduce the size, because some alleyways will completely **** you over. You could mitigate this by making a very advanced custom system for this, but like that is ever going to work out.

That is only taking into account the implementation, not even the idea itself which is stupid outright.

What? How would that work?

Maps in M&B are generally quite close quartered to limit archer and cav. But with a dense close quarter map you cannot just reduce the size, because some alleyways will completely **** you over. You could mitigate this by making a very advanced custom system for this, but like that is ever going to work out.

I was thinking of a reducing map size for open maps, like you said the dense smaller complicated maps would not really work with this concept.

Simplicity can be a good thing, many of those dense multi-alley maps can take too long with players avoiding/unable to find each other.

A simple open plains map would be nice so that everyone can see each other. It is a shame that they took out the randomly generated plain/steppe/desert maps.

I agree with your observation that most maps are small and dense to reduce archer/cavalry supremacy. Bannerlord is balanced around skirmish and without those small dense maps cavalry/archers dominate most battles on captain maps. However I think that signals the unbalanced nature of those classes rather then the necessity of small dense maps (reduction of unarmored cavalry hit points and better heavy armor performance against arrows would encourage more dismounted melee(this is already being implemented in 1.72 with a -2 damage to some bows)).

I was thinking of a reducing map size for open maps, like you said the dense smaller complicated maps would not really work with this concept.

Simplicity can be a good thing, many of those dense multi-alley maps can take too long with players avoiding/unable to find each other.

A simple open plains map would be nice so that everyone can see each other. It is a shame that they took out the randomly generated plain/steppe/desert maps.

I agree with your observation that most maps are small and dense to reduce archer/cavalry supremacy. Bannerlord is balanced around skirmish and without those small dense maps cavalry/archers dominate most battles on captain maps. However I think that signals the unbalanced nature of those classes rather then the necessity of small dense maps (reduction of unarmored cavalry hit points and better heavy armor performance against arrows would encourage more dismounted melee(this is already being implemented in 1.72 with a -2 damage to some bows)).
What? The fact that the game isn't balanced on massive open battlefields is a problem? Those maps are just boring and of course every class has it's strnghts.
An archer in the wide open is just vulnerable, that is part of the game not a problem. Cav is more vulnerable in small alleyways, that is a fundamental of the game and not a problem.
Skirmish is not a factor in this, just basic game stuff. Sit.

A decent sized map, get rid of the flag and have a small time limit. The time limit should force factions to fight each other before it runs out. This is as much as you can do on an official server.

I'm just looking forward to private servers and factions fighting each other like the good old days.

Back
Top Bottom