Respawn issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, so...the battles for the most part work fine

Not a lot of issues

However, in my most recent game, fighting on a map that has a mix of more open plains with forest to the outsides of the map, I have my archers set up to the back and my infantry close by and...I was wondering why so many of my troops were dieing when the enemy wasn't really killing a lot at my actual lines.

And then I saw it, my extra troops are spawning in the middle of the field.

Instead of respawning behind my troops, which would make sense, they are respawning around 75 yards ahead, in the crossfire, in enemy territory and getting slaughtered while they try to run back across the field towards their allies.

There's not a lot of respawn issues I've seen, but there seems to be some

Ok, so...the battles for the most part work fine

Not a lot of issues

However, in my most recent game, fighting on a map that has a mix of more open plains with forest to the outsides of the map, I have my archers set up to the back and my infantry close by and...I was wondering why so many of my troops were dieing when the enemy wasn't really killing a lot at my actual lines.

And then I saw it, my extra troops are spawning in the middle of the field.

Instead of respawning behind my troops, which would make sense, they are respawning around 75 yards ahead, in the crossfire, in enemy territory and getting slaughtered while they try to run back across the field towards their allies.

There's not a lot of respawn issues I've seen, but there seems to be some
I am also annoyed by such an idiotic respawn of troops

Yep its tedious, your basically tied to the spot on the map you start or a little ahead of it assuming your defending anyway. Letting you pick your respawn point in the pre battle or just putting it on your edge of the map would both be a improvement imo.

Yep its tedious, your basically tied to the spot on the map you start or a little ahead of it assuming your defending anyway. Letting you pick your respawn point in the pre battle or just putting it on your edge of the map would both be a improvement imo.
Well, normally...I think the game programs the respawn point to adjust to a distance not far from behind your troops so they can join in the fight

However, in some instances the respawn point jumps to an area that is really bad for you, and can really hurt the battles. You may win, but suffer a lot of troop losses

What your saying may work, being able to choose your respawn point at the start of the battle seems like a really good idea. Should totally do

Was thinking that being able to adjust your respawn point mid-game depending on positioning may be a good idea, but...its not really fair or realistic

It would make sense for both sides to have set respawn points

Itll eliminate the enemy pushing forward towards you and having their respawn points random at times; or same for when you go to the enemy and their troops respawn from various angles, which makes no sense

However, if the enemy, same as us, has a set respawn point, perhaps able to do for individual troops, which makes sense, then you'll be able to know, on the battlefield, where to expect enemies to respawn from, as well as your own

This will ensure that you can adjust your strategy to where the enemy is coming from

I've noticed at times currently this has been implemented a little bit for enemies, where they have a set respawn point. At times, not always. It's best when it's set, as it is realistic:

You go far from your reinforcements, your lines get stretched, which means enemy troops can gather together to strike back

Yeah it sucks and I wish they would finally change it either make them spawn at the back, or where you started the fight, or even let you choose to NOT have them spawn at all. As is I recommend to retreat when you see them spawn, you'll lose some loot potential but that far less valuable then good troops wasted over this poorly implemented mechanic.

Yeah it sucks and I wish they would finally change it either make them spawn at the back, or where you started the fight, or even let you choose to NOT have them spawn at all. As is I recommend to retreat when you see them spawn, you'll lose some loot potential but that far less valuable then good troops wasted over this poorly implemented mechanic.
Good point

Honestly I want to ask. I haven't really tried the retreat mechanic. Usually it seems like, you retreat = you lose

Can you retreat and run away?

Good point

Honestly I want to ask. I haven't really tried the retreat mechanic. Usually it seems like, you retreat = you lose

Can you retreat and run away?
You can't run away unless you were the attacker (greater power) but you can re-start the fight, minus any defeated units, you can use this to wear down a large enemy force to the point where there won't be anymore reinforcement spawns .It works best if you have a lot of ranged units and can fire on an approaching enemy (or flank them with horse archers) and then TAB and retreat before they get close enough to kill any of your units.

Hmmm...I may try this. That's a really good strategy. It's realistic as well, forces often times retreat to get a better position

It's about the same as what I do with Horse Archers, using their mobility to circle around enemy forces and open fire on them

Granted, there are still some issues with archers actually firing. Not sure the full issue. May be due to the amount of data from a 100+ archers firing arrows *shrugs* not sure

Anyway though, this is really good stuff. It will help a lot

You can't run away unless you were the attacker (greater power) but you can re-start the fight, minus any defeated units, you can use this to wear down a large enemy force to the point where there won't be anymore reinforcement spawns .It works best if you have a lot of ranged units and can fire on an approaching enemy (or flank them with horse archers) and then TAB and retreat before they get close enough to kill any of your units.

Loaded today one battle 4 times... What the hell... Playing if from defense: my reinforcements respawn in the middle of enemy troops, tried to play from attack: enemy reinforcements spawned 20 meters from my mounted archers... Dear devs: please remove the new respawn system the f@*k!

Back
Top Bottom