Resource prices when starting make no sense relative to the source and intercepting villagers for trade not worth anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Kuu

Recruit
I started 2 new campaigns since 1.4 and the prices of resources in settlements and in nearby villages make no sense to each other anymore, at least not at campaign start.

I went around looking for trades, sheep in the villages near the starting point was 74 gold, in the setlement right next to it (poros) which it belonged to, they were selling sheep for 67.
I went to another area and grain was 8 gold in a grape village, in the settlement next to it it was also 8, but at the source in a grain village the cost of grain was higher, it was 11. I thought it might be that it raised in transit (which is ridiculous since it was a few hours of distance) so i checked both again, and the source veered towards 9, but the settlement and nearby village still sold it for 8, I'm not sure if prices are supposed to normalize after a few weeks of start of the game, but i don't remember having this problem in earlier versions.

Another problem is that since you added old workhorses, whenever you try to buy from villager stacks moving through the map, you get less money back than what you payed for, and sometimes some resources are even more expensive relative to the area's price. This didn't happen back in 1.3 , these trades were always profitable even if only slightly more so than going to the villages, if anything this was just a good way to stock up on stumper horses but now in 1.4 its not worth the horses nor the profit which is now non-existant.

Back
Top Bottom