Resolving all the CTD (most are due to memory)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nixou

Recruit
I think my experience is worth to be told, since it solved ALL the different problems and crashes i had.
Also from what i have found nobody proposed this solution here:

So i download this mod (excellent by the way) and everytime i get into fight i get an "runtime error". When i manage to get into fight, when the fight is finished i get "postshader fx crash" nomatter how low settings are, unless i play in directX7. Even in DirectX7 i get persistent crashes.
So this excellent mod was unplayable.

On the Excellent advice of Miriel on the french support forum, he suggests like some others that the crash are due to pikes of memory consumption which are limited by windows by default (2 gigas max i think) which can be easily solved this way:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Guess what it literally solved all the issues, the game runs perfectly nomatter high my settings are!

This tip works for different mods and different games from what i see. Cheers.

P.S: Absolutely off-topic  :oops: 

Some inconsistencies in the game (verison 3.0)
The jaeger rifle i have (masterwork jaeger rifle) is considered crossbow skill? I get skillpoint in crossbow when i use it, shouldn't it be firearms skill?
The british cavalry sword seems to be overpowered
Is there a way to prevent french frontier attacking france, british frontier attacking GB?

Keep up with the excellent work!! i can't wait for american revolution!! (who knows, maybe european revolutions project will emerge too?)

Nixou said:
I think my experience is worth to be told, since it solved ALL the different problems and crashes i had.
Also from what i have found nobody proposed this solution here:

So i download this mod (excellent by the way) and everytime i get into fight i get an "runtime error". When i manage to get into fight, when the fight is finished i get "postshader fx crash" nomatter how low settings are, unless i play in directX7. Even in DirectX7 i get persistent crashes.
So this excellent mod was unplayable.

On the Excellent advice of Miriel on the french support forum, he suggests like some others that the crash are due to pikes of memory consumption which are limited by windows by default (2 gigas max i think) which can be easily solved this way:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Guess what it literally solved all the issues, the game runs perfectly nomatter high my settings are!

This tip works for different mods and different games from what i see. Cheers.

P.S: Absolutely off-topic  :oops: 

Some inconsistencies in the game (verison 3.0)
The jaeger rifle i have (masterwork jaeger rifle) is considered crossbow skill? I get skillpoint in crossbow when i use it, shouldn't it be firearms skill?
The british cavalry sword seems to be overpowered
Is there a way to prevent french frontier attacking france, british frontier attacking GB?

Keep up with the excellent work!! i can't wait for american revolution!! (who knows, maybe european revolutions project will emerge too?)
Glad you liked our Mod so much and that you fixed the problems.... :razz:
Only sad thing...we sad pratically all over the same things, in all our topics, and we gave that link as well.  :roll:
No worries, though, I saw you are French and that you got helped by a good M&B french Knight (Thx Meriel  :wink: ).
Gabby
PS some things are fixed in v.3.1. Pls download it  :cool:

Thanks mate. Amazing work you've done there.

BTW i dont know if it's solved in 3.1, but in 3.0 you can "cheat" the party limit by either recruiting the prisoners of the ennemy, or by garrisoning/taking troops in your village/fortress.

Keep up. Kudos to you and your team :smile:

Edit: IF some help for translation to french is needed, don't hesitate to PM me :wink:

Nixou said:
Thanks mate. Amazing work you've done there.

BTW i dont know if it's solved in 3.1, but in 3.0 you can "cheat" the party limit by either recruiting the prisoners of the ennemy, or by garrisoning/taking troops in your village/fortress.

Keep up. Kudos to you and your team :smile:

Edit: IF some help for translation to french is needed, don't hesitate to PM me :wink:
Thx, my friend!!
Best help is advertizing on French Forums our 3 wip Mods (1755+1776+1860s ...click on my Supporter Pics!!  :cool: )
Keep in touch
Gabby

Back
Top Bottom