Resolved RESOLVED ITSELF: Battanian texture glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: So far only noticed in battles against Battania, and only when near certain unit types. Anytime I come within ~5 yards of a Battanian Wood Runner (only one I've noticed for sure so far) my screen turns into a jumble of green/brown textures and I can't see my character or anything around me other than the discoloration. First noticed in a siege when I was under the wall between the two gates and a Wood Runner was above me defending, then noticed in a couple of field battles. I could fight just fine and most enemy units were visible, but when I closed on Wood Runners specifically the textures would distort. Playing on 1.6.4 with no mods. Doesn't cause any crashes, just annoying mid-battle.

EDIT: I will add some screenshots in a bit, but I think it might be more than Wood Runners, possibly a piece of gear that may be common to more than just that unit type. The party screen also has a texture error with Wood Runners. It also appears that if I have a bow equipped and zoom in on a unit that has the specific glitched gear equipped that the screen bugs out. Also tried wandering around a Battanian culture town and a townsman (second image, the gentleman on the left) triggered the bug, which is shown in the screenshot. Will continue testing and see if I can duplicate elsewhere.

How to Reproduce: Unsure, but going near Wood Runners is the only time I've noticed it.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I was using the Ctrl-click for map movement, but no others.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070Ti
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.14.9649
CPU: Intel i5-8600K @ 3.60 GHz, 6 cores
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB SSD

Last edited:
Is your GPU drivers up to date? Can you try verifying the game files and check if the issue is still happening?
GPU drivers are updated and verifying game files did not resolve this. I did notice a 400 MB patch today that I haven't played yet, so I'll update this reply if anything changed with that update!

Thanks for looking into it in the meantime.

So after a couple battles with Battanians today it seems that the issue was maybe resolved with a patch or something. I did post another thread about a different graphics glitch that's probably unrelated to this one.

If a mod could kindly close this thread, no need to continue it!

Back
Top Bottom