Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Pitorious

Recruit
Hey
Anytime I try to change my video settings they always revert back to normal after hitting Done. I get constant stutters in game that make it unplayable that used to be fixed by changing the Resolution setting from Desktop resolution to 1920 x 1080 and leaving it on this. In previous patches this used to fix my stuttering issues.

Please advise if this is fixable as I genuinely cannot play the game right now due to this.

This happens with or without mods.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Are you using Nvidia DLSS? That setting was completely messing with my resolution and made it switch back to desktop setting every time. turning it off and problems went away.

Are you using Nvidia DLSS? That setting was completely messing with my resolution and made it switch back to desktop setting every time. turning it off and problems went away.
I am not :sad:. I've got Radeon RX580 video card & Intel core I7-7700 CPU. Maybe there's an equivalent option for AMD settings but I'm not aware of it

Are your GPU drivers up to date and did you try verifying files integrity?
You can try this as a workaround.
1. Open the engine_config.txt file while the game isn't running.
2. Change whatever you want in there and save it.
3. Right Click engine_config.txt and select "Properties".
4. Check the box labeled "Read Only" and select save.
If/When they put out a patch, you will need to delete the file.

If you are unsure what number you need to put by a setting, tell me which setting and what you want it to be set to and I'll tell you what to put in by doing it on my own game.

Last edited:
Are your GPU drivers up to date and did you try verifying files integrity?
You can try this as a workaround.
1. Open the engine_config.txt file while the game isn't running.
2. Change whatever you want in there and save it.
3. Right Click engine_config.txt and select "Properties".
4. Check the box labeled "Read Only" and select save.
If/When they put out a patch, you will need to delete the file.

If you are unsure what number you need to put by a setting, tell me which setting and what you want it to be set to and I'll tell you what to put in by doing it on my own game.
Thanks for being keen momo. The only thing I actually want to change is the Resolution setting where it's not sitting on 'Desktop resolution'. Unfortunately i dont think this is doable through editing the engine_config file

@MArdA TaleWorlds I just took a look and I'm having the same issue. However, I noticed that when I change the resolution or refresh rate settings in the game, the engine_config.txt file shows the changes that I set, the game just doesn't implement them or show that any changes were made when viewing the in-game settings. Even after relaunching the game, the engine_config file shows my changes were kept. The game just doesn't implement them.
I'm using version 1.5.8, I don't change my video settings often so this bug might not be new.

Hey
Anytime I try to change my video settings they always revert back to normal after hitting Done. I get constant stutters in game that make it unplayable that used to be fixed by changing the Resolution setting from Desktop resolution to 1920 x 1080 and leaving it on this. In previous patches this used to fix my stuttering issues.

Please advise if this is fixable as I genuinely cannot play the game right now due to this.

This happens with or without mods.

Many thanks
Did you try putting your PC on 1920x1080, setting the game to 1920x1080 through the in-game settings and then relaunching the game?

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and will be sent to the live or beta branch in the next updates. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I'm sorry, this is probably a dull question, but when can we ( I ) expect this? Just because i actually feel like playing but the constant stutters really make it tough. Changing the resolution used to fixed this for me

Back
Top Bottom