Resizing the Map for Mount and Blade Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just started working on my new map, and I feel like the native map of Calradia is way too small for my needs. How to resize the map? Do I need Thorgrim Map Editor for that?

Solution
map_min_x = -180
int, determines the eastern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_x = 180
int, determines the western bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_min_y = -145
int, determines the northern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_y = 145
int, determines the southern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_distance = 175.0
float, maximum amount of zoom out on the world map, maximumseems to be 251...
map_min_x = -180
int, determines the eastern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_x = 180
int, determines the western bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_min_y = -145
int, determines the northern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_y = 145
int, determines the southern bounds of the world map. The map can continuepast this, but parties will not be able to travel past this boundary.

map_max_distance = 175.0
float, maximum amount of zoom out on the world map, maximumseems to be 251.

map_min_elevation = 0.2
float, sets the minimum distance the camera can be from the terrainin the world map.

map_max_elevation = 1.0
float, sets the maximum distance the camera can be from the terrainin the world map.

Upvote 0
Solution
Alright, I realised that my problem lies within the vertexes. My main question is, how to add the number of vertexes? The Thorgrim's new map option gives me the map that has roughly around 19K vertexes. In comparison, map of Perisno has around 70K vertexes. Do I need to do some map.txt manipulations in order to get more vertexes?

Upvote 0
Hi I am also a newbie, but I've found Swyter's Cartographer to be easy to use. That said, in this case, it would function as a tool to convert a map you make in Blender (or whatever 3D modelling software you prefer) into a map.txt--this way it's a lot easier to expand the map increase the number of polygons and generally make a prettier looking landscape!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom