Those sandals look pretty comfy. :cool:

Roman soldiers training

Decimation

Roman Velites

Roman Veles charging

Polybian-era Romans during the Carthaginian Wars, 265 BC

Roman Equite during the Second Macedonian War, 200 BC

Roman Soldier over fallen Gallic warrior
Pretty sure these soldiers training are from Imperial Rome. Great pics tho :grin:

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
Not every image in the research threads are pinpoint accurate to Rome at War's timeline, I posted that image since that is one of the few images showing off their training regimen and the background elements could be used for a scene. :cool:

Also I can confirm that your suspicions are correct about it being Imperial Rome as the guy falling off the horse is wearing Lorica Segmentata (Seek's favorite armour :fruity:) and the training shield is square shaped instead of ovular.

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
Diokles said:
Also I can confirm that your suspicions are correct about it being Imperial Rome as the guy falling off the horse is wearing Lorica Segmentata (Seek's favorite armour :fruity:) and the training shield is square shaped instead of ovular.
Yeah thats what I saw

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
Roman Soldiery

Roman Soldiery in Battle

Roman Soldier (218 - 14 B.C.)

Roman Trireme

Roman Marines using the Corvus

Roman Soldier during the Roman Conquest of Hispania

Fall of Carthage

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Decorated Roman Armour: From the Age ofthe Kings to the Death
of Justinian the Great
, By Raffaele d'Amato & Andrey Evgenevich Negin

TheMasteroDeath

Regular
Best answers
Just a thought, but did the early roman Hastati not actually use spears? I don't remember then having spears when I last played this mod

MarcusU

Veteran
Best answers
The Easy nine said:
Just a thought, but did the early roman Hastati not actually use spears? I don't remember then having spears when I last played this mod
I think that's Camillian hastati, but I think this mod is set during the Polybian era of the Roman military. I'm not entirely sure. Might be the other way round with the names. I believe it's because at this (or a bit later) time a lot of history was recorded by Polybius who was a Greek historian. Hence historians refer to the Roman military at this time as the "Polybian". I'm probably wrong. Correct me if so

TheMasteroDeath

Regular
Best answers
Well you're the one who knows better. I'm more into medieval stuff, my knowledge on roman arms&armor is limited. More so than my already limited medieval knowledge

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Coin Talk - The Story of the Coin Struck to Fight Hannibal: The First Denarius and its Influence

:arrow: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/the-story-of-the-coin-struck-to-fight-hannibal-the-first-denarius-and-its-influence.300387/

MarcusU

Veteran
Best answers
Would be nice to see more aesthetic and expensive armours for the nobles. Feels quite odd that the Roman nobles all look quite impoverished based on their armour.