[research] iberians

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

tenerife_boy

Knight
WBNW
Best answers
Are you serious?
Judging from this sentence you believe the Corinthian helmet was worn only on your face,
You got to be kidding me...

When I was talking about covering thing, it is widely understood it means DURING THE BATTLE. not previously, not after (wich were the cases a corinthian helmet were carried over your head) In 0 cases the corinthian was not covering your face during battle.

I can't believe I have to explain such obvious fact so I tend to think you are trolling= waste of time.
I won't say again what I did in the last sentence of my last message, but do it :wink:

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
I'm trying to explain to you why I thought it was a Corinthian helmet, which it technically is, and while doing so being professional as I could about it.

I won't stoop down to insulting you, but I will say that I think its better to discontinue this argument and let a better topic take course in this research thread.

tenerife_boy

Knight
WBNW
Best answers
Well let me tell you that stating a false sentence due to be poorly informed about what you're talking about can not be even considered being professional  :facepalm:

And no, they are not even technically the same. The are SIMILAR, (because of the evolution of one into the other, and it was not the only evolution the corinthian had, btw) but not the same helmet. Do you want another argument? (and I am at least giving supporting my arguments with stuff) 1 simple word: Cheekpieces :wink:

Bye.

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
I don't know why you feel such hostility towards me (be it the chocolate comment or natural dislike towards others) to constantly be at my neck with these derisive comments. The professional comment was referring to how I was presenting my argument towards you. I by no means claim to be know it all History professional and gladly admit I was mistaken when identifying the helmet as just a Corinthian helmet, but I wanted to explain how I got to the conclusion of why I thought it was a Corinthian helmet. That being said, I wish we could've discussed this in a more civil manner free of veiled name calling and no you dummy that's not right sort of rebuttals.

When I look back as to how this whole pointless argument started, it could've been avoided if you just stated what helmet it was, as well as additional information rather than just,

tenerife_boy said:
It's not a corinthian helmet  :lol:

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Statue of a Galician King or "Princeps",
Lezenho in southern Gallaecia ca. 400 B.C.
Drawing made by André Pena  :arrow: http://www.tartan.galician.org/kilts.htm

:arrow: http://lusitaniaecastrum.blogspot.aehttps://forums.taleworlds.com/Smileys/phpbb/icon_arrow.gif/2014/08/guerreiros-galaico-lusitanos.html

Dress and weapons of a Celtic warrior
from Galicia in the 3rd century B.C.

Vaccaei warrior and his hound by Luis Pascual Repiso

more reconstructions...

:arrow: https://www.celticcultureblog.tk/art/the-celtiberians.html

scabbards

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Florent Vincent, The Army of Caesar
in the Gallic war 58-50 year BC
(posted on behalf of Alegria1:cool:

Sandra Delgado

cavalry

bath

Ángel Benito Gastañaga

Akshay Misra

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Celtiberians

Sandra Delgado - Indibilis, leader of the Illergets

Carlos Alberto Santos - Lusitanians, 2nd century BC

Iñaki Diéguez Uribeondo - Asturian warrior, 2nd to 3rd centuries BC

Luis Pascual Repiso - The funeral ceremony of the Vaccaei warrior

Mancom37

Regular
Best answers
Well after 4 years I can at least contribute something now.

I will post more when the Uni Library Opens up.

From left to right: Gallic,Libyian,Celtiberian,Latin

Carus Euracini

Recruit
Best answers
bros so this music video came out, its from an iberian band and its about the siege of numantia and how a few soldiers sneaked by the roman siege to ask other cities for help
everything in the video is historically accurate, as far as i know, the video used alot of reenactors and i think you could take inspiration from the garments of the various warriors