[research] Greek city states

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
Hellenic Skirmishers and Scythian Archer

Theban Cavalryman and Skirmisher

Hoplite

Distinguished Hoplite

Hellenic Cavalryman
 

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
0
Diokles said:
Hellenic Skirmishers and Scythian Archer

Theban Cavalryman and Skirmisher

Hoplite

Distinguished Hoplite

Hellenic Cavalryman
I want naked skirmishers with capes to be a thing now
 

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
0
https://koryvantesstudies.org/studies-in-english-language/page210-2/

https://koryvantesstudies.org/studies-in-english-language/page209-2/

Interesting stuff about archery in ancient greece
 

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
Would be nice to have that pylos helmet with the wreath design embedded onto it. :razz:

Though funny enough I've seen some depictions where instead of it being embedded as a design its an actual wreath worn on the helmet.



 

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
0
Diokles said:
Would be nice to have that pylos helmet with the wreath design embedded onto it. :razz:

Though funny enough I've seen some depictions where instead of it being embedded as a design its an actual wreath worn on the helmet.



I think that helmets with that kind of customization wouldnt be far fetched but theres already so many variants of helmets in the mod hahaha
 

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
I. Want. More. :evil:



Palace Complex at Knossos I

Palace Complex at Knossos II

Palace Complex at Knossos III
 

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
0
Diokles said:
I. Want. More. :evil:



Palace Complex at Knossos I

Palace Complex at Knossos II

Palace Complex at Knossos III
I.NEED.MOOOOREEEEEEEEE
 

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
Diokles said:
Would be nice to have that pylos helmet with the wreath design embedded onto it. :razz:

Though funny enough I've seen some depictions where instead of it being embedded as a design its an actual wreath worn on the helmet.



 

Eoforhild

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Best answers
0
Christmas came early. :cool:

I hope the foilage adds at least 5 extra head armor compared to its leaf-less counterpart, cause more cosmetics = more protection. :fruity:
 

tigab95

Recruit
Best answers
0
Seek n Destroy said:
Diokles said:
Would be nice to have that pylos helmet with the wreath design embedded onto it. :razz:

Though funny enough I've seen some depictions where instead of it being embedded as a design its an actual wreath worn on the helmet.



I love you
 

Tristan38

Recruit
Best answers
0
Here are some suggestions and remarks to try to improve and make more realistic the Lacedaemonians:
I'm sorry for my bad English

-In test version 2.55 of Rome at War, there are 2 mora: that of Amyklon and that of Geronthron but the mora of Sparta disappeared after the Battle of Leuctra and all the laconian hoplites adopted the lambda after that.

-In 300 BC, there remained about 1000 homoioi, the others had lost their title either in combat by cowardice (tresantes) or by poverty (impossibility of paying their ecot to the syssitia), they became hypomeiones and there were many more than homoioi.
There is the conspiracy of Cinadon which is an example of the numerical superiority of hypomeiones against the homoioi. When a man denounces the conspiracy on the agora there were 4000 men, only 40 were peers (1 king, some homoioi, a few gerontes and the ephors).Maybe adding them will not be a bad idea.

-The skirites are too weak. In the Spartan army the skirites formed an elite corps of light infantry. It is known that in some Battle like that of Mantinea (418 BC), they were 600 on the battlefield and they fought on the extreme-left wing in the battle-line, the most threatening position for the hoplite phalanx, they can also be used like scout and walk in front of the king.

-Shields and helmets :
1) Homoioi have just pilos helmet in the game but they also had chalcidian helmets at this period.
2) For lochagos you can add chalcidian and pilos helmet with lateral crest.
3) The lochagos have the shield of the king in their equipment (red solar) perhaps you could put it to Areus and Cleonymus.
In their equipment I noticed that you put the shield of the Talthybidae clan,
if you ever want to replace the royal shield (red solar), you can put these 2 shield episema of the families of sparta: the first with the 2 snakes is the episema of the Melabontidae clan.
The second episema is the drakon, shield emblem of Aegiades clan.
4) Also add more shield with lambda as for example: a red shield with a white lambda or a white shield with a red lambda...
 

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
Tristan38 said:
Here are some suggestions and remarks to try to improve and make more realistic the Lacedaemonians:
I'm sorry for my bad English

-In test version 2.55 of Rome at War, there are 2 mora: that of Amyklon and that of Geronthron but the mora of Sparta disappeared after the Battle of Leuctra and all the laconian hoplites adopted the lambda after that.

-In 300 BC, there remained about 1000 homoioi, the others had lost their title either in combat by cowardice (tresantes) or by poverty (impossibility of paying their ecot to the syssitia), they became hypomeiones and there were many more than homoioi.
There is the conspiracy of Cinadon which is an example of the numerical superiority of hypomeiones against the homoioi. When a man denounces the conspiracy on the agora there were 4000 men, only 40 were peers (1 king, some homoioi, a few gerontes and the ephors).Maybe adding them will not be a bad idea.

-The skirites are too weak. In the Spartan army the skirites formed an elite corps of light infantry. It is known that in some Battle like that of Mantinea (418 BC), they were 600 on the battlefield and they fought on the extreme-left wing in the battle-line, the most threatening position for the hoplite phalanx, they can also be used like scout and walk in front of the king.

-Shields and helmets :
1) Homoioi have just pilos helmet in the game but they also had chalcidian helmets at this period.
2) For lochagos you can add chalcidian and pilos helmet with lateral crest.
3) The lochagos have the shield of the king in their equipment (red solar) perhaps you could put it to Areus and Cleonymus.
In their equipment I noticed that you put the shield of the Talthybidae clan,
if you ever want to replace the royal shield (red solar), you can put these 2 shield episema of the families of sparta: the first with the 2 snakes is the episema of the Melabontidae clan.
The second episema is the drakon, shield emblem of Aegiades clan.
4) Also add more shield with lambda as for example: a red shield with a white lambda or a white shield with a red lambda...
Fair points, at this moment I don't think I'll be able to texture new shields but I'll see what changes I can make for the AoR Spartan troops, I'll leave the Mora(s) out of the faction pool with the possibility of them being restored if the player has ownership of Sparta. It's bending history a little bit but this way the shields don't go to waste.
 

sifis172

Sergeant Knight
WB
Best answers
0
is there anyway to make a small quest, for the player character to pass a spartan agoge?
i like to make spartan characters, and in that period, i think was one the last time that this system was
mentioned. it was tried to be restored by agis and kleomenes i think, it's rather late, so correct me.
in medieval europa barbarorum II there is a unit, composed by men from sparta who chose to pass
the agoge. later they put on a second unit, with less armor, for balancing reasons. it's a unit for the 'if'
the greeeks hadn't lost from macedonia, and later avoided wars. to say it simply "if they had
all united under a banner".