Rescue or Ransom a Prisoner: He ATTACKS ME

Users who are viewing this thread

Chakka

Recruit
Here is the situation: I am rescuing Jarl Turya from Reyvadin. I have set fire to the village, sneaked in, and killed the guard to get the keys. I tell Turya to fight with me and walk outside. He turns hostile, and attacks me, so that I have to beat him senseless (which leaves him behind) in order to escape. Even killing the one other guard first still forces me to fight him. I've reloaded two saves trying to undo whatever the hell is wrong, but both ended with the same glitch. Any ideas?

Fun note: got captured while trying this. All my companions ended up in a cell with Turya, so I rescued them all. EVERYONE attacked and murdered me. It makes for a funny picture though. I am so confused.

Haha, well yes, this is a bug. But I have no idea what causes it and I can't see any constant in it because once I tried to rescue Boyar Naldera with help of a village fire, he attacked me. I tried it again after being freed again without village support - he attacked me.
I logged off frustrated and tried it again the next day - this time it worked.

So maybe try restarting the game, maybe it doesn't work, maybe it does ... I dunno. Quite an annoying bug though.

tyrannicide said:
Isn't this fixed in 1.125? It was supposed to.

Playing 1.113 here, never had this kinda bug...
Maybe they added a new bug feature? :roll:

Restarted the game, and it worked fine. Got a cool picture out of it too. I would post, but I am a forum-tard, and do not know how.

Go to Photobucket.com or any other photo sharing site then:

1. Register a free account with them. Don't bother entering your cell phone number if they ask for that.

2. Go back to the PhotoBucket home page and click the button that says upload.

3. Click the browse button to browse for the image on your computer then upload it.

4. Look in the lower left hand corner, a thumbnail of your image should be there with a box labled IMG. Copy this code and paste it directly into your post here on this forum.

tyrannicide said:
Isn't this fixed in 1.125? It was supposed to.
Not totally fixed in 1.125, as I recently found out, also city guards periodically kill random townspeople during a jailbreak. Saw that in Dhirim when castle guard killed the guild master while I was busting Jarl Olaf out of prison. Good laugh though.

Reyvadin is owned by the Vaegir by default.

I had this happen a few times recently, incidentally it never happened when I was King of my own faction, but when I did this as a vassal the lords I was saving would always agro on me.  Luckily since I told them to stand back they'd just stand in a corner yelling at me.  Siege crossbow to the face sorts out their petulance.

Chakka said:
Here is the situation: I am rescuing Jarl Turya from Reyvadin. I have set fire to the village, sneaked in, and killed the guard to get the keys. I tell Turya to fight with me and walk outside. He turns hostile, and attacks me, so that I have to beat him senseless (which leaves him behind) in order to escape. Even killing the one other guard first still forces me to fight him. I've reloaded two saves trying to undo whatever the hell is wrong, but both ended with the same glitch. Any ideas?

Had the same thing, just quit the game, reload and usually the problem is solved.

Peace

Meredith  :roll:

Velax said:
Northern Mameluke Empire said:
i meant the post above that one, he said he rescued him from Dhirim

And cities never change hands?

But why should he assume Dhirim to be Nord, when someone was talking about rescuing Jarl Olaf?

Anyway, had the same sh.. yesterday again. But this time it was extreme. I got bashed by some Nord Jarl (still don't know how to beat all that huscarls as Vaegir) and he captured 5 of my companions in Tehlrog castle (Jarl Olafs castle).
So I sneaked in and tried to rescue them. The first thing that looked strange was, that all of my 5 companions were wearing their heraldric mail in Jarl Olafs colours, not in mine. And outside the same thing as usual: all 5 tried to gank me.
This rescuing 'mission' and some other things are the reason why I dislike to play with realistic savegame settings. -.-
But I try those settings again and again and I keep getting disappointed.

Sorry for lifting a really old topic, but this bug still exists and needs to be fixed. How can it still be in the game? These quests are my favorites, or at least they were before lords started attacking me. And not just that: even if I tell the lord(s) I am rescuing to stay back, I can't rescue them even after I kill all the guards outside, because there are still hostiles in the area: them. If I go outside the town and try to leave the area, I escape but the lords stay in as prisoners.

Arkhery said:
Sorry for lifting a really old topic, but this bug still exists and needs to be fixed. How can it still be in the game? These quests are my favorites, or at least they were before lords started attacking me. And not just that: even if I tell the lord(s) I am rescuing to stay back, I can't rescue them even after I kill all the guards outside, because there are still hostiles in the area: them. If I go outside the town and try to leave the area, I escape but the lords stay in as prisoners.
This is an old bug that developers say they can't fix because they can't recreate it.  The only solution is to save your game before entering the city or castle.  If the prisoner turns hostile, exit to desktop, restart your game and load the saved game.  The prisoner is almost never hostile the second time around and can be rescued normally.

Chakka said:
Restarted the game, and it worked fine. Got a cool picture out of it too. I would post, but I am a forum-tard, and do not know how.

I get this bug a lot. Going to desk top and restarting has always fixed it. It is kind of fun fight them though.

On another thought, I always tell them to stay back as npc lords are so stupid they always get themselves killed.

Lord Brutus said:
Arkhery said:
This is an old bug that developers say they can't fix because they can't recreate it.  The only solution is to save your game before entering the city or castle.  If the prisoner turns hostile, exit to desktop, restart your game and load the saved game.  The prisoner is almost never hostile the second time around and can be rescued normally.
I actually play on realistic so that's not possible for me. But it worked for me by just restarting the client (even though I had failed 3 times before the save). Guess it doesn't matter when the save is, just the restart fixes it. I'm sort of surprised they can't recreate it, I mean, it can't be that rare. Happened to me several times on this save game (only started a while ago though).

Back
Top Bottom