Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Like this?

teutonic2wv6.png

Could someone create one of 2 axes crossed and a woden shield in the back (white background)

Could somebody make me a banner with this image?:

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=342pxcoatofarmsofnorwaygb4.png

You can decide the backround yourself, I will just ruin it if i choose. :razz:

Thanks!

Bannerattempt.png

OK I made this on my own.  I kinda messed up the smudging between the two colors but I figured it would look more 'clothy' that way anyway.  What do you guys think?  It looks great in-game.

In addition to placing a copypasted shield onto a banner, which is abhorrent in and of itself white edges or not, it also lacks any cloth texture, the shading is so faint it's almost non-existent, the colors are ridiculously bright and oversaturated, and the boundary between them looks like a rather inept attempt with the smudge tool.

:neutral:

What! You asked. :razz:

Why are you so hung up about the shield on a banner thing?
Imperialbanner.jpg

That above is a shield on an icon on a shield on a banner. Abhorrent? I don't think so, I think it looks pretty good.

That was a good first attempt.

The bright color scheme is something I too would use. Do you think armies would go into battle with shabby colors on their banners? I think they would throw a fresh coating of paint on it. That doesn't mean they wouldn't eventually get dirty, but on your surcoat in-game I think brighter colors look better, and the less dirt effects the better.

Captain Innocuous said:
Why are you so hung up about the shield on a banner thing?
Because a coat of arms is a stylized representation of a knight as he appears in battle, his symbol is what's painted on the shield, not the shield itself. Drawing the coat of arms including the shield onto a shield or other piece of equipment that's meant to identify you on the battlefield is like taking your car's licence plate, drawing another licence plate on it, and putting the numbers on that. It's ridiculous.

And yes, that banner is quite abhorrent. Or rather it would be, if it were a banner intended for battle. Looks more like some decorative piece, in which case ornamental and gaudy is exactly what you want. But the shield-on-shield thing is okay in this case, it's an inescutcheon, a partitioning thing. Holy Roman Empire, Leopold I., right?

Erwin said:
In addition to placing a copypasted shield onto a banner, which is abhorrent in and of itself white edges or not, it also lacks any cloth texture, the shading is so faint it's almost non-existent, the colors are ridiculously bright and oversaturated, and the boundary between them looks like a rather inept attempt with the smudge tool.

:neutral:

What! You asked. :razz:

1) The banner represent ths city of Palermo and I wanted a good banner, not something that was perfectly appropriate for a shield, which is only one use for the banner design in game.

2) The cloth texture is there if you care to look.  It may not be overly obvious due to the coloration.  Also, there is no rule that colors have to be dark and subdued for a banner, and I don't think my colors are two bright.

3)  This is my first time: a) making a banner, b) using these programs and tools, c) making something artistic using a computer (I'm quite good with chalk and colored pencils).  As such I think this is pretty good for a complete novice.

4) Plus.... your mother smells  :razz:

P.S. - Thanks again for the other banner :mrgreen:

fistni9.gif

Can anybody help me out with this one? I um... "made" a "banner" with it myself, but by made of course I mean just straight up resized the image to the banner proportions.... doesn't look anything like a real banner of course, but currently I don't even have one since I'm just soloing. I replaced the default banner texture, the black/green one, so that just my shield basically looks like it. And it works for that purpose, but once I do get a banner and full-on army, I'd like it to actually look nice. Plus for some reason, not sure exactly why, but the proportions are way off on a lot of shields and stuff. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be or something, smaller shields so the full image isn't visible, but yeah I don't know.

Here's what I currently have. Don't laugh too loud now folks.  :smile:

wunderlinthebloodhandxw8.jpg

Wonderland said:
Can anybody help me out with this one? I um... "made" a "banner" with it myself, but by made of course I mean just straight up resized the image to the banner proportions.... doesn't look anything like a real banner of course, but currently I don't even have one since I'm just soloing. I replaced the default banner texture, the black/green one, so that just my shield basically looks like it. And it works for that purpose, but once I do get a banner and full-on army, I'd like it to actually look nice. Plus for some reason, not sure exactly why, but the proportions are way off on a lot of shields and stuff. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be or something, smaller shields so the full image isn't visible, but yeah I don't know.

Here's what I currently have. Don't laugh too loud now folks.  :smile:
Well, is something like this what you wanted? I don't know if it will fit in all the shields... If not, we can resize the hand, making it smaller, or anything.
BannerWonderland.jpg

mhm i would like to see this as a banner, would be so nice and well may be a bit "mainstream" but still beautiful to wear that in the heat of battle.

angeltattoo.jpg

You can't, which is a shame. I really hope they work on the banner system and actually make the addition of custom banners easier, without having to overwrite others. I'd also like to have the option of changing my banner should I wish to.

Back
Top Bottom