Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Users who are viewing this thread

TheodenN said:
Miclee said:
OOOOOooo nice. I like it.
Is that what you have to say after someone makes a custom banner for you? "Oooo nice" ??? No thanks or anything?
You do realize that post is two and a half years old, right? :razz:

Also:
surcoathospitaller.png
surcoattemplar.png

Werhmact said:
Simo said:
Waffenbaum said:
The current Coat of Arms of the Danish Royal Family (Large image)
1000px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Denmark.svg.png
I gave this a try and I really like the result.

polarfun.jpg

A bit of space between the bear and the ram might make it less emm... funny... or was this totally intended  :mrgreen:
If you look carefully I even took the effort of making it look like the goat was between the bear's feet..

I don't really have anything specific, but...

I need something with a black background that is MOST IMPORTANTLY heraldic-shield friendly (last custom banner I used had the top of the decoration cut off on shield). Surcoat-compatible would be nice, too, but is not a necessity. Maybe include gold, or silver. Perhaps a little bit on the knightly evil side,  but not overdone.

Sorry if it's too vague.

I use a golden tree on a black background right now, and it's alright, but all heraldic armor looks bad and it's not really what I'm looking for.

:lol: 

I shall quote myself from our clan's forums, regarding the leaf not fitting on the kite shields. 

COGlory said:
I say, just use it.  The leaf is fine!  Besides, we all know Canadians are inferior anyway.  :razz:

Can anyone make banners out of these? Also, if possible, can anyone edit the banner files so I can use them in game?

England_Arms_1405.png

England_COA.png

Thanks.

Ringwraith #5 said:
You can't do either without distorting the cloth texture.
Surcoat-friendly version:

1903reichskriegsflagges.png

furdasreich.jpg

Hi, I was able to make my own custom banners. I even was able to Hex Edit so then my Heraldic Armors and Surcoats all have the same background color, not the original pasted over one.

Anyways, my problem now is that my custom banner is bland, flat. It doesn't have the curvey flaps of the cloth texture. Is there an adjustement or an effect in Paint.NET or similar program to add this? Or do I have to work and paste it over the existing cloth texture in the standard banner?

Please help, your assistance is much appreciated!

It is a leopard (from French léopard), actually, even though it looks like a lion (and I think back then they were basically considered the same thing, or the names got confused).

Leopard didn't come from French léopard, it came from Latin from Leopardus. And in heraldry both are correct and it's a waste of time to argue about it.

FrisianDude said:
Leopard didn't come from French léopard, it came from Latin from Leopardus. And in heraldry both are correct and it's a waste of time to argue about it.
Yes, I know, I was just being facetious. :razz: But where do you think léopard came from?
Also, the devs are aware of that - note that in M&B (not WB, sadly) Yaroglek's banner is two lions passant gardant (or leopards), and the artwork on the Vaegir kingdom's notes page includes a leopard skin. I had a nerdgasm when I noticed that.

Erarona said:
Can anyone make banners out of these? Also, if possible, can anyone edit the banner files so I can use them in game?

England_Arms_1405.png

England_COA.png

Thanks.

Did those already:

Ringwraith #5 said:
Tried to keep the vanilla banner look.

england.png
Ringwraith #5 said:

Back
Top Bottom