Requesting help in using server script

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings all

I'm Fusilier and I'm looking to start a reenactment company. I host my own server and I'm looking into ways to drill my soldiers. One of such ways would involve using the script that was once used on the "15th Humans vs Bots Server" or in the "Man Vs. Bots Rebirth server". I believe it is a "script" that was used to allow, in siege gamemode, to have one team be all bots that can be player controlled while the defending team is all comprised of human players. The human players thus exchange musket fire and enter melee with the bots led by the humans of the other team.

I would like to state that I don't intend to host my own "Humans vs Bots" server but simply to figure out how to use that script for the purposes of training my company. You see I would have one player control 10 bots and do a line battle versus 10 of my company men, so as to prepare them for a real line battle.

In fact I would prefer if it would be possible to have this system work for battle or team deathmatch gamemode and not for sieges, if possible.

Im open to anyone's feedback on this, perhaps suggesting who I can contact to obtain this information. I'm already doing what I can through PMs, Steam, Discord and email.

Fusilier

As a Co-Owner and Admin of the 15th Humans Vs Bots server, I can tell you there was NEVER any script on our server because we could run it ourselves. How it was setup I could not tell you as someone else did that side of things, but there was no script. Also, messaging Harvain would be pointless as he never dealt with that side of things either, he was only ever an Admin.

Thank you for responding Mad Vixen but how did you manage to make that happen? I mean, to have one team be full of bots with 2 or 3 commanders and the other team be all human players? I've tried but can't seem to make it happen. Any tips? Who should I contact to get this information?

I wouldn't even begin to be able to tell you how to do it in server settings, as I stated, I never dealt with that side of things, I just made maps and dealt with admin duties. From what I do remember, once you're logged into the server as an Admin, go to options and play around with the "team settings" options. Make it so the Team Balance doesn't "force equalise" the 2 teams (sides) and go from there, it might be a little trial and error to get it just how you want it, make sure you have a pen and paper handy to take notes of numbers and such. I hope that helps. I wish you good luck and good training.

Back
Top Bottom