Requesting a Refund

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello.

Sorry if I post this here, there are no available forum.

I have purchased the game in early access in April of 2020 with the expectation that when the game would release it would be in the state advertised online and at events like gamecon. As of the official release in October of 2022 some features are still missing or poorly implemented.

Here are 2 examples :
1. Roguery serves actualy no purpose other then smugling quest and affecting the price on selling prisoners. It was advertised as us being able to run local gangs and influence towns from with in.
2. Castle and Towns had a force meter which would indicate the chances of surrendering of the enemy. I have yet found a lord or a militia with 20 troups left of 600 accepting surrender to my 250 troops or in cases like town millitias I have scieged for a month past the point of starvation, not even the option to ask them to surrender. Also they seem not do go down lower then a certain amount of troops.

The second one was implemented in Warband. For the advertised time in development for the engine and now 2 years of development in early access. There is no excuse for even Warband features that are not properly implemented.

This is a clear case of deception and false advertisement. Games like CyberPunk 2077 and No Man's Sky have already set the president that such a failure to provide the advertised product would result in people getting refunded their pre-purchases regardless of play time.

Early access is a pre-purchase where I agreed to give you the funds of a completed game in exchange for YOU to finish the game in the state that it was advertised.

This is therefore the same situation as of CyberPunk 2077 and No Man's Sky. In more business oriented terms: I, a investor, has invested in the company in exchange for the promise of a game. Since the promise has not been fulfilled, I would like for you to give me back my investment.

Steam will not allow me to get a refund because they automatic deny it based on their more then 2h policies and I have already sent my bill of purchase to your support email on monday and I have yet have a response.

I have talked about this Issue on the Steam forums. Although Trolls have flooded seeing the opportunity to launch insults, many more serious people have agreed that you have failed to deliver altough not every one of those is on the same side about the refund. I am personally going with the preceded cases of CyberPunk 2077 and No Man's Sky. I do like warband and I wish bannerlord was better but enough is enough with takings peoples money and not delivering.

I'd love to know this as well. Sick of constant crashes, lack of content, brain dead AI (unable to use even their shields in sieges), community managers not doing their jobs (other than silencing criticisms on "modding" discord), no clear road map (other than vague "no promises but we might add X"), I feel like TW took my money and disappeared with a broken game. No one asked them to make another Warband, but we all expected TW to improve existing features, not completely remove them and try to reinvent wheel then fail since the game has all the problems Warband had regarding poor AI and it even introduces its own poor designs while discarding all the positives about Warband. Steam game tags is also misleading as this game is not a "Strategy" game (there is not a single diplomacy feature in this game while Armagan himself said in a 2018 Turkish gaming interview the game will have GoT level in-depth diplomacy and politics), and not an RPG either (every playthrough is the same, create your character and play identical battles for hours), TW sold people a fast paced action game with no late game and early game based on pure RNG in every aspect possible with no narrative and an explanation of what is going on in the campaign map (a custom battle simulator with campaign map slapped on to it) with false advertisement, this is not a strategy game, you cant base a strategy game purely on dumb AI and its RNG decisions, as they do the opposite of everything a human can expect. I wont buy anything from TW again. I willingly QA tested this game because I had faith in TW that they will deliver what was promised since Warband is my favorite game ever, I couldn't have been more wrong, if there is any way (I doubt it but) that people can get a refund I'd love to know that. I stayed silent during whole Early access, played the game for many hours, gave feedback on steam forums and discord, reported bugs but right now this is unacceptable.

Some problems I encountered (not mentioning the crashes or missing features) that are still in the game after all these years:

Family feud quest is still bugged, there are still clone clan members, AI falls off of the walls in sieges, AI faces wrong directions in formations ( they basically moonwalk and look at random directions) , companions are still getting assigned to wrong formations, AI refuses to move on walls letting multiple defenders flee into keep, cavalry does not gallop when following player, sieges are getting hard locked because AI spawns in a building, you lose all experience after battles because the game starts another encounter with fleeing enemies, "defeated and fiefless" factions can still hire mercenary clans and no one changes their allegiances causing losing AI faction declare war on everyone, you simply can not defeat any faction, campaign AI constantly hesitates between actions constantly goes back and forth changing its mind, no war objectives or anything that makes sense, there are still several missing facial hair models in character creation, there are multiple not couchable lances, newly added banners do not have proper physics in multiple missions, newly added empire cape does not have physics, there is a model bug on weapons (a gap between the blade and the handle) that are created using smithy, multiplayer is unplayable because its not working and so many more problems that doesnt justify the 60 dollars price tag, 20-25 at most. We all expected to see the game as TW shown it in 2016 demo, this current version of Bannerlord is not a Mount&Blade game, but feels like a cheap knock-off. The problems I mentioned are 100% fine in an early access game and player should expect such things beforehand, but I can no longer justify this poor work ethic and development since the game is fully released after 2.5 years of Early Access and 10~ years of development and I dare say the game was falsely advertised as Early access and it was in fact a Beta test, meaning all the features were already implemented with no plans to add new content as you would expect from an Early Access title, in hindsight it felt like a beta test for console version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom