[Request] Make Long Axes Polearm-Only Already

Should longaxe be polearm only? (Just like vaegir bardiches)

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes (Also, Sledgehammers, and all the other non-sword two handed weapons)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Title says it all.

It is just ridiculous having that reach for a weapon that does 55 damage in one swing. This range can even compensate for the inverse hook stab by (cavalry).

Make them polearms already just like bardiches!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Well that would be pretty inaccurate, as axes are not polearms, as you might have already gathered.

Long/Dane axes are. :roll:

The two handed sword grip is a relic and it really should have been changed. I'm not sure why the devs haven't gotten around to doing so. Then again, they haven't added cavalry swords either (which would take all of five minutes), so it's quite probable that these items are not on the to-do list.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Well that would be pretty inaccurate, as axes are not polearms, as you might have already gathered.

No sir youd be wrong, sword grip is inaccurate, unpractical, unethical, unrealistic and overpowered. :grin: Longaxes are polearms.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_axe.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polearm

axe_seq1a.jpg

axe_seq2a.jpg

axe_seq4c_cu.jpg

axe_seq5c_cu.jpg

axe_seq6d.jpg

axe_seq6c.jpg

Doesn't matter whether you call the weapon a polearm or not (though, they certainly aren't longswords). It should be using the polearm grip because it's pretty much how the real weapon would be used.

Oh, and the arms should be the other way around. I think right hand should be closer to the head with these weapons (axes, hammers, probably glaives).

Maybe turning them in to poles wouldn't be quite as realistic as turning them in to actual axes, meaning making a animation just for all axe-like weapons, and perhaps including the sledgehammer(which I think it should).

perhaps asking for a new animation just for them at this point is to expect too much, so just give them the pole animation. don't forget the sledgehammer!

Long heavy weapons need alot of leverage for them to be functional as weapon, You hold it high at the shaft as to maintain balance, and then you strike
While maintaining that leverage.

The only time the entire length of the weapon should be used is during a chop or a thrust both slow strikes, no swings, or you will coil up your spine, Short swings hold the weapon
high at the shaft are fine.

There has to be a penalty for missing though, if it doesn't rebound off your opponent you have to re-cock it, This would limit you to a defensive maneuver.

Anyway my real gripe with 2 handers is not the actual unrealistic street cleaning, although that is a biggie,

The main thing i hate is the movement system, People are not even committing there body when they swing, It seems the arms do one thing while the legs do another
a 2 hander requires your whole body to work together, Right now it feels like the guy has mechanical titanium hips.

nothing new, this suggestion has been around for a long time. Very important nonetheless and almost everyone is agreeing. I wonder why they haven't adressed this in last patch.

The Blind Skald said:
Maybe turning them in to poles wouldn't be quite as realistic as turning them in to actual axes, meaning making a animation just for all axe-like weapons, and perhaps including the sledgehammer(which I think it should).

perhaps asking for a new animation just for them at this point is to expect too much, so just give them the pole animation. don't forget the sledgehammer!

I would divide polearms into balanced (spears of all kind) and unbalanced (hammers, poleaxes, helbards, two handed axes, glavie, dao). And make balanced have 2 stabs (upper and lower), but unbalanced would have only one (lower stab).

That way, we will have 3 types of 2h weapons.
-2h weapons (swords mostly)
-Unbalanced Polearms
-Balanced Polearms

It would require talewords to introduce new proficiency, but it would be nearly perfect solution.

I made a topic like this a while  ago with a poll.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,87472.msg2255822.html#msg2255822

Poll results are 90% Positive for the polearm only change, but i guess Longaxes/Other non sword 2 handed weapons did not make it is not on the developers list of changes.

Back
Top Bottom