Request for Taleworlds to sell M&B IP to a competent developer

Should Taleworlds sell the M&B IP to a competent developer?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Steve but that's a ridiculous statement. Modding only does so much - the core game will always be the core game.

95% of the time I spent on Warband was on mods; was Warband a poor game because of it?

No. Mods or not; you still owe TW for the core functionality. Maybe you have issues you think can be improved - but 80% of the functionality you play and enjoy (regardless of modding) will be made by TW.

This is what I find annoying. Modded Bannerlord is still Bannerlord. If you don't enjoy Bannerlord - you wouldn't enjoy modded Bannerlord.

Ok but I respectfully disagree... If mods can add things like village management and functionality, improved battles, a greater variety of hand-crafted scenes, better + deeper options for diplomacy ... and kingdom management, then what you have is hugely different to the base game.

This poll is pointless because TW would never do that.

They know the game is a long-term investment ... and it will bring them a lot more money... (mostly via Bannerlord mods that will be made in the future - prolonging the game's life-span and sales over many, many years)

Mods will extend the life of this game FAR into the future - TW DO know this, of course they do ... so they would never ever sell such a profitable IP. Not in a million years.

Having said that, Bannerlord's development is indeed a complete and utter joke. Everyone knows that.

We know that. The forum moderators (privately) know that ... I suspect even the core Dev Team at Taleworlds know very well that they are on a damage limitation mission at this stage.

It's 11 or 12 years of how NOT to develop a game...

People may well even study Bannerlord's development in the future as like a case-study in how not to do things - if more of the real 'behind-the-scenes' facts ever come out and see the light of day.

(Kind of like how 'No Man's Sky' could easily become a case study in how to rescue a product after a truly terrible launch).

You honestly think they will make more money off this community than a lump sum sale of the IP? I think you're way off. They burned the community too hard with this failure.

You honestly think they will make more money off this community than a lump sum sale of the IP? I think you're way off. They burned the community too hard with this failure.
Well....I think good medieval combat games are rare enough that a modded bannerlord will still be popular. Even if some of the old school community have quit in disgust. But I might be wrong...

Ok but I respectfully disagree... If mods can add things like village management and functionality, improved battles, a greater variety of hand-crafted scenes, better options for diplomacy, then what you have is hugely different to the base game.
Notice you said 'Improvements'. I'm sorry no - that's not a hugely different game at all. Adding a little extra functionality onto some of the side-features does not create an entirely different game. Warband Diplomacy Mod added a lot. Was I not playing Warband then?

Like I said, I haven't been around in a while. Checked the game out again, and was stunned by how little its actually changed from release. You literally do the same exact loop now as you did on day 1 of EA.

So I thought, I bet another developer could do way better than this and made this post, requesting TW sell the IP to competent developers. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

The question is, why are you here?
Because any common sense would tell you how unrealistic and frankly insane that statement is. Like what do you think is going to happen? TW are going to pop into the thread and go...

"You know what - actually that's a great idea let's do it!"

And let's remember we are talking about a game with 87% Positive reviews on steam. which has been consistently in steams top played game for 2 years...

I seriously doubt they'd sell the whole kit & kaboodle, though it's certainly possible that they will want to license out the engine the way they did with Warband. It would be very interesting to see what another game studio could do with under-the-hood access to the engine.

Notice you said 'Improvements'. I'm sorry no - that's not a hugely different game at all. Adding a little extra functionality onto some of the side-features does not create an entirely different game. Warband Diplomacy Mod added a lot. Was I not playing Warband then?

Because any common sense would tell you how unrealistic and frankly insane that statement is. Like what do you think is going to happen? TW are going to pop into the thread and go...

"You know what - actually that's a great idea let's do it!"

And let's remember we are talking about a game with 87% Positive reviews on steam. which has been consistently in steams top played game for 2 years...

Honestly, the game would be orders of magnitude better if TW came to the forums and accepted some of the feedback provided.

Especially this feedback.

Better yet just branch out into Divisions -like their Accessible game company and their Simulation based game company. Hire guys like Bloc and others understand the real many wants and needs of much of this fanbase. And give them full autonomy.

Duh_TW is literally here all the time!

You can see all the responses he has given here....

What more do you want? His phone number?

Are you seriously saying TW has done a good job communicating with the community and "working alongside our community...utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect"???

Are you really that much of an abject simp?

Are you seriously saying TW has done a good job communicating with the community and "working alongside our community...utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect"???

Are you really that much of an abject simp?
First of all you need to calm down.

Secondly - someone disagreeing with you does not make them X or Y. Use your own words instead of relying on meaningless tag-lines.

Thirdly- it's not criticism I take issue with - it's meaningless troll threads like this that add nothing to the conversation.

People act like warband was a good game, wasn't even a good game for its time. Taleworlds just has a niche market and that is the only reason they're still floating, they don't have a track record for making good games.

First of all you need to calm down.

Secondly - someone disagreeing with you does not make them X or Y. Use your own words instead of relying on meaningless tag-lines.

Thirdly- it's not criticism I take issue with - it's meaningless troll threads like this that add nothing to the conversation.

Hahahaha. This is rich. First, there is no emotion tied to any of this. I'm not emotionally invested in Bannerlord. I'm simply suggesting that TW sell the IP because I honestly think its a good business decision for them, and good for us.

Its good for them, because again, I honestly think they will not be able to hoodwink everyone again. They sold Bannerlord off of hype and false promises. Only an idiot would buy another game from TW after Bannerlord.

Its good for us, because maybe another developer will actually care about making Bannerlord an interesting game. With interesting choices, dialogue, and interconnected systems that GASP - actually effect the sandbox environment.

Secondly, you cry foul then play the victim. Its comical that you say HERE LOOK AT THIS DEV INTERACTING ALL THE TIME - yet we all know communication and feedback with TW has been ABYSMAL this entire EA. And denying that fact, just outs you as an abject TW simp to everyone who has followed the development of the game.

Thirdly, you may think its a troll thread, but I seriously wish they would sell this IP to anyone. Hell, sell it to the MORHAU or Chivalry people, or sell it to Amazon, who can poor tons of resources into the game. TW has demonstrated that literally anyone else would be better.

I always thought this was the best solution benefiting all sides. Taleworlds are obviously not interested in making a better Mount and Blade game, there's little innovation and even regression. The chief developer (who can't be named because I'll get moderator warning... seriously) got old and tired and ceased to be a driving force behind the development.
So, selling the franchise does make sense for Taleworlds, if the money is right. They can then split the loot and close the shop, or take some risk and develop something that is new and exciting for them, like the Star Villager game they are working on.
As for us players, it really depends who buys the franchise. We don't know if the new developer would do something better with it, but we do know that Taleworlds can't. What we do get is new hope.

Hahahaha. This is rich. First, there is no emotion tied to any of this. I'm not emotionally invested in Bannerlord. I'm simply suggesting that TW sell the IP because I honestly think its a good business decision for them, and good for us.

Its good for them, because again, I honestly think they will not be able to hoodwink everyone again. They sold Bannerlord off of hype and false promises. Only an idiot would buy another game from TW after Bannerlord.

Its good for us, because maybe another developer will actually care about making Bannerlord an interesting game. With interesting choices, dialogue, and interconnected systems that GASP - actually effect the sandbox environment.

Secondly, you cry foul then play the victim. Its comical that you say HERE LOOK AT THIS DEV INTERACTING ALL THE TIME - yet we all know communication and feedback with TW has been ABYSMAL this entire EA. And denying that fact, just outs you as an abject TW simp to everyone who has followed the development of the game.

Thirdly, you may think its a troll thread, but I seriously wish they would sell this IP to anyone. Hell, sell it to the MORHAU or Chivalry people, or sell it to Amazon, who can poor tons of resources into the game. TW has demonstrated that literally anyone else would be better.
This certainly sounds like someone who is not emotionally invested. You have totally convinced me of that fact. Congratulations - well done.

Nope - doesn't at all sound like someone desperately venting to a captive audience.

I think Paradox would do a good job. Yea their DLC policy is **** but they make pretty good games and this would be right up their alley
They don't do much as publishers. Tyranny from Obsidian was snobbed despite being published by paradox and was better than pillars of eternity.
Age of wonders 3 with the two expansion was amazing (was a little lame on the release before the patches that made the races matter more), Triumph didn't change much in worse or better, they did the planetfall with espansions too.
With bloodlines 2 Is a disaster....they didn't even bother to inform what Is happening.
Minor paradox project are often better than major project, for example Darkest hour Is better than Hoi3.

Why are you still here?

Honestly why are any of you still here? if you don't believe in the game - leave already, Why waste your time on something you don't like?

If you want to play AAA studios 5th Survival Shooter; go play that. Stop wasting time and effort.

They are still here because they don't know how to express frustration like adults. Things are either one extreme or the other.

Yes, this game is frustratingly shallow but it's still a lot of fun and the mods will eventually unleash its full potential. Just like vanilla warband. But, for some reason everyone here likes to use extreme hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom