Resolved Reproducible game freeze in custom battle (no mods)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: The game will freeze as shown in the following video
How to Reproduce: Go to custom battle, and then follow the video.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 2070 super
GPU Driver Version: 462.30
CPU: i7-10700k
RAM: 32GiB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

We were not able to reproduce this on our end. Do you have the latest graphic card drivers installed and can you verify the game files?
Updated to the latest graphic card driver (471.11) and verified the game files, and still the same.
Tried on another PC (i7 9700k, 2070 super) and also reproduced it.
I'm not sure whether the QA team followed exactly what I did in the video. I kept adjusting settings and trying for a few hours and concluded some details to reproduce this issue:
  • Battle scene is battle_terrain_006. The freeze may happen for other scenes but happens almost 100% in this scene.
  • Set the battle size to 1000.
  • Happens both with highest performance settings and with lowest performance settings (except for the battle size). I didn't try the others.
  • Player side soldiers are all melee cavalry without javelin (Emperial Heavy Horseman for example), enemy side soldiers are all melee infantry without javelin (Sturgian Spearman for example).
  • Set enemy side number to 500 and set player side number to 280. (This is the number I find that can trigger the freeze almost 100%.)
  • Set enemy general to Ratagost.
  • Issue Charge order at the beginning of the battle and wait.
  • When the cavalry charge into the infantry, or about half minutes later, the freeze will happen.

Last edited:
e1.6.0,

There has been the same freeze, which has not been resolved after today's update.

Abstract: the game is frozen, as the blogger shows

How to reappear: enter custom combat, 500 vs 500, and close combat with soldiers happens regularly. The image is set low or medium or high to reproduce this freeze.

Computer specifications:

Operating system: Windows 10

GPU:nvidia 3080ti

GPU driver version: 471.22

CPU:i9-11900K

RAM:32G

Motherboard: ASUS prime z590-p

Storage device: uscorsair-force MP600

Add: when I go back to 1.5.10

The problem did not occur

I guess this is a 1.6.0 problem. I hope the official can fix it as soon as possible, which will greatly affect the game experience now.

Using common issues and workarounds is still unsolved. I confirm that I have installed all patches and runtime

Thank you for the efforts of all official partners. I support you as always!

tried to reproduce it with telemetry. failed. but, playing temun once in the middle of this, ONE arrow sent to the sky made it freeze :mrgreen:

so, maybe not exactly that issue is happening. but add one misplaced arrow and it is definitely happening. 1.6.1 has this freeze as well, 100%

Back
Top Bottom