repositioning objects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamiek

Veteran
I'm trying to use beards and hair from TLD in warband. I can get them into game ok but they're out of position and appear in front of the characters face by a few inches.

Question is how do I use the Open Brf to reposition the meshes so they fit????

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Late answer:

An explanation first: in TLD, all head-related meshes (helmets, hairs, beards, heads...) are displaced to fit the special skeleton used by TLD for humans and orcs. This is done so that these meshes can be interchanged between any race, despite the drastically different neck postures between humanoids and "orc-oids". BTW this was just a compromise. We could have had it look better, for orcs and humans, but then it would have been impossible to make cross-race headgear work (without terrible artifacts).

I'm afraid that in order to use these mesh in any other mod you would have to move them back in the position which is correct when you use the standard M&B human skeleton, and do so manually (using the roto-translate-scale tool).

In TLD, we used a custom tool I made for that specific purpose (to go from TLD-head positioning to M&B head positioning, and back). I don't think I can let other people use it, as people in TLD-dev team feel very differently about how easy it should be to reuse TLD content in other mods. Therefore my point here is that while it must be possible for any modder to use OpenBRF for any general purpose task, a different thing is to give away a tool specifically designed to reverse-engineer TLD would. That would mean to go way too far.

That said, please make sure you have general TLD-team permission (not just mine) if you want to include TLD content in any other mod.

Back
Top Bottom