Reporting system

Users who are viewing this thread

canton in my belief you are a racist. i have no proof everyone but canton is racist. this is a good point im trying to make and is perfect for this forum that anyone could report people for being racist for anything. saying "racist" slurs doesnt make people actually a racist really. what if the guy was racist one day but the next he is not a racist and learned his lesson but its too late he is banned censored canceled and removed from the internet. he has no say no repeal and well he is F*****d. the game will eventually become boring and not enjoyable. the best part of lets say mw2 multiplayer was of the chat in the lobbies back in the day. i know a totally different game but a good point. well duces canton and everyone

Why you post twice in a row every time. Sad. It's hard for you, but take some time and think it out beforehand... if only there was some kind of forum rule about this sort of thing... and some class of people to enforce it...

im new stfu im not used to forums people dont do that here lol also beta really boring joke everyone has said it already after this ill like to see more people make epic jokes about the name. this time really duces gonna play another game cause im muted and well the fun was straight sucked out of the game for me.

The derailing of this topic is epic :grin:

But I do however side with OP, give us a RP server or face the consequences in the game, peasants! God wills it.

I see alpha and parking in game a lot while I roleplay. They're usually in tdm screaming non stop about how their going to sexually assault liberal politicians or that ____ race is inferior. sometimes they spice it up and make 10 posts to themselves in a row about how black lives don't matter. Real classy "conservative" views.

Thank you for defending the sanctity of my thread while I slept Canton you are a true hero.

I roleplay in skirmish and tdm and can only assume I'm racking up reports with the amount of people who complain about how I'm "ruining their game" by practicing nonviolence.
Imagine having these Turkish people 1000 miles away having to read the ERP report logs of a guy pretending to live in an era 700 years past

TLDR: I roleplay... get over it. My original question stands and I know/accept it wont get a response. Good night Vietnam.
As the primary point of contact for submission & vetting of reports of in-game incidents on this forum before the report system was implemented, let me put it to you this way: there is an expectation of all players in ranked game modes that they will make an effort to play to the best of their ability. This is a reasonable expectation because these are ranked competitive modes, where the clear objective is to win and the effects of the match's outcome is felt beyond the context of the match itself (i.e. winning or losing a match effects a player's rating, which influences their future matches).

By consistently failing to live up to this expectation, and in fact deliberately ignoring it, you are negatively impacting the experience of your teammates for not only the match you are currently sharing with them, but their future matches as well. If they were to get into several matches in a row with you as their teammate, then you could be responsible for tanking their rating & digging them into a hole that they must then claw their way back out of at a later time. It also devalues a victory that your opponents may achieve, because they know they did it while one of their opponents refused to participate. You are thereby cheapening the experience of your opponents. What you are doing is selfish and inconsiderate to your fellow players. Some of them may find it humorous and play along, but it is a disservice to the rest.

Honestly not even regretting putting my dirty laundry into the original post at least I'm getting some dev/moderator feedback I would have heard nothing otherwise like usual when TW doesn't feel like putting the effort into something enough to not be embarrassed telling the community how it works.

Its interesting how people take match making in this game seriously at all. I recorded my wins for 40 matches while roleplaying nonviolently and I still won barely under half(my usual win rate as a dirty pub). I also ended with a better k/d than most people in those games. You could say I dragged my team down (and you'd be right) but it doesnt affect such a broken system all that much. It really solidified my opinion that it just doesn't matter if you try or not with how poorly these game modes are done. Maybe itll be different with skill based matchmaking but I seriously doubt that since most games are still a stack of 3-4 against pubs/new players.

Maybe @Orion you could give us some insight about the report system since you have worked so closely with it. I remember sending you numerous reports through the forums before the in game report function went live so even if you aren't part of TW you could tell us a bit about what you used to do.

Last edited:
By consistently failing to live up to this expectation, and in fact deliberately ignoring it, you are negatively impacting the experience of your teammates for not only the match you are currently sharing with them, but their future matches as well. If they were to get into several matches in a row with you as their teammate, then you could be responsible for tanking their rating & digging them into a hole that they must then claw their way back out of at a later time. It also devalues a victory that your opponents may achieve, because they know they did it while one of their opponents refused to participate. You are thereby cheapening the experience of your opponents. What you are doing is selfish and inconsiderate to your fellow players. Some of them may find it humorous and play along, but it is a disservice to the rest.
But on the other hand, with a MMR system, everyone at his MMR has an equal chance to have their game ruined by this individual, and in the end it all balances out. This game is nowhere near the state necessary for people to be able to tryhard without losing sanity, and this is coming from a NABB semi-finalist. You should see the amount of nonsense happening in this tournament from servers crashing repeatably, to players having their game crash randomly, from random instances of individuals getting 200 ping for one game and 10 ping for another... Along of course with the RNG from faction/map matchups that cannot be regulated due to lack of custom servers! Sad!

Back
Top Bottom