report of an exploit in the campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Beron

Sergeant
I want to report an unbalancement  in the game rules (strategic map / movement rules).

I have looked at the battle Adorno vs Murthag and seen that the troops quality and numbers of Murthag+Ballista is quite  few, I think 2k or 3k.

Ballista confirmed me  that it is 3k what they invested in battle.

Strategically, is a "fence" attack: the britons moved early, blocked our tokens and invested then only very little money in the attacks.

My opinion is that this is an exploit of the game rules. ( please note, I am not saying it is unfair, given the desperate situation of the britons :grin:  really, is about balancing of the game rules)

The weakest point (from the game rules point of view) is that one side provoke  a battle, engage the enemy with almost no money, risking nothing (if they lose they don't lose a province) and provoke a larger damage to the enemy which has to invest enough money to protect his land.
In other words, the defender wins a battle, but looses more troops of the attacker!

This needs to be fixed, imho.

Another problem i see, is the "we must move before the enemy" problem. Isn't in the roll20 a list with initiative ranking? does that still works? how can we set who is moving first?

I think one should still be allowed to make his turn movement, even after he had to defend his province in the same turn! other opinions?

Greetings, Beron

I don't think the campaign needs anymore changes at the moment. It all depends on your stragety and the Britons stragety made by yours truly, was good, so you have to try and reply to that.

Well, idea is that if you havent move this turn, you can move before turn end, beron. I would try to overcome the concept of 72 hours for the movement and then battles. The idea is that you can move at any time during the turn, and resolve the battles that occur.
I mean, you have fight a battle yesterday, but you havent used movement yet. Well, you can move, but in this battle you have use other money for troops that you dont used in previus battle. By example, if you have 9k, you used 5k for previus battle, you have 4k for fight this turn if in your movement attack enemy province.
Britons strategy is for win time, and I think that it can be good strategy if they apply accord rules.

Idibil said:
Well, idea is that if you havent move this turn, you can move before turn end, beron. I would try to overcome the concept of 72 hours for the movement and then battles. The idea is that you can move at any time during the turn, and resolve the battles that occur.
I mean, you have fight a battle yesterday, but you havent used movement yet. Well, you can move, but in this battle you have use other money for troops that you dont used in previus battle. By example, if you have 9k, you used 5k for previus battle, you have 4k for fight this turn if in your movement attack enemy province.
Britons strategy is for win time, and I think that it can be good strategy if they apply accord rules.

And we do apply according to the rules, there is nothing saying we can't waste your time.

The difference is that we aren't trying to lose battles, we're choosing ones that are impossible to win. It's the equivalent of hit and run tactics - we're using small forces to harry your larger armies and exhausting your resources.

Like the Spanish did to the French in the Peninsular War. The Spanish could not stand up to discipline French line, only their allies, the British could, that is why they use guierlla tactics.

Takeda_Shingen said:
Like the Spanish did to the French in the Peninsular War. The Spanish could not stand up to discipline French line, only their allies, the British could, that is why they use guierlla tactics.

No exactly, you remember Bailen and other battles. Guerrilla was used by people, but spanish army used normal warfare too.

i did not say it is out of the game rules, i did say it is an exploit of the game rules which unbalance the campaign.

Idibil said:

well, Idibil, when should I make my movement of the last turn? last turn is over and the britons moved already all their tokens, because one of them arrived first and his mates allowed him to move all of them.

I repeat, it is an exploit, which also means: the first time you do this way, is smart. The second time, is annoying, and kills the fun.

Again, i see two really big problems:

1) "feigned" attack: it cannot be, that an attacker loses less gold/men than the defender, when the defender wins. It happened once, it is not fun when it happen the second time. If we dont change the rules, it WILL happen a second time. And a third.
2) initiative: who moves first? we really need better rules!

Regards, Beron

Back
Top Bottom