Report bugs/issues here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
If while playing you find any unfortunate problems, I'd like to know about them so that I can fix them.

Known bugs:
-Ships are sometimes caught near the shore.
-Catapults are often unreliable after their first shot.
-Some unnecessary files floating around the mod folder.
-Occasional river pirate ships on land.
-Lord party ai is messed up when ships are involved.
-Various issues with ship movement.

Fixed bugs:
-The catapult takes exponentially longer to reload with each click.
-After capturing a city, the player is brought to an inescapable menu with illogical options.
-In 3v3 ship battles the ai tend to jump out of their ships and drown.
-Some weapon balance problems.
-Camping works at sea as though the player were on land.

When I travel a certain distance to the west, such as the westernmost castle and village of the nords, the map gets stuck.  My pc keeps moving and can just about get where he's going, but the view doesn't center on him.  Maybe it has to do with the stretching of the map to include more ocean?

That has to do with the map boundaries. It should be fixed with the map modification in future versions.

Just a little something that's probably meaningless - there's a file, "Copy of human_actions1", in the mod folder, along with a human_actions1. Is it just an artifact left over from you rushing that wonderful bugfix out the door so quickly? I'm mystified :smile:

The catapults seem to have inordinate difficulties in shooting all the way to the enemy wall.  In a number of attacks on three different castles, I have not yet been able to reliably hit the enemy structure.  The best I could do was to bounce fire off of their outside wall, which oddly enough did nothing.  (Strangely, rag-doll physics are great for bodies, or flying stones, but a ceramic container of burning tar should break on impact.)

On that note, a lot of the catapult ammo tends to get tangled up in the launching platform, and either not launch and get stuck in mid air, or launch and go nowhere and fall back on the catapult, or half launch and fall about ten feet in front of the catapult, or get tangled in trees or something.  Is there a way to not spawn the projectile until mid-launch, or spawn it just in front of the platform and moving?  Something that would reduce that bug?

I mean, catapults are not supposed to be pinpoint accurate.  However, they're not supposed to be like the "Acme Catapult" that the coyote was trying to use on the roadrunner in that cartoon.

Haven't got to test the debugged ship combat yet ... got busy catapulting things.  At least the RCM stats are looking better (finally ... thank God ... it took us long enough).

Sibilance said:
Just a little something that's probably meaningless - there's a file, "Copy of human_actions1", in the mod folder, along with a human_actions1. Is it just an artifact left over from you rushing that wonderful bugfix out the door so quickly? I'm mystified :smile:
Oh. In the very early stages of the mod I did some tinkering with animations, and backed up the file so that when I screwed up (as I eventually did) it would be no great loss. I'll just delete it.

Ron Losey said:
The catapults seem to have inordinate difficulties in shooting all the way to the enemy wall.  In a number of attacks on three different castles, I have not yet been able to reliably hit the enemy structure.  The best I could do was to bounce fire off of their outside wall, which oddly enough did nothing.  (Strangely, rag-doll physics are great for bodies, or flying stones, but a ceramic container of burning tar should break on impact.)

On that note, a lot of the catapult ammo tends to get tangled up in the launching platform, and either not launch and get stuck in mid air, or launch and go nowhere and fall back on the catapult, or half launch and fall about ten feet in front of the catapult, or get tangled in trees or something.  Is there a way to not spawn the projectile until mid-launch, or spawn it just in front of the platform and moving?  Something that would reduce that bug?

I mean, catapults are not supposed to be pinpoint accurate.  However, they're not supposed to be like the "Acme Catapult" that the coyote was trying to use on the roadrunner in that cartoon.

Haven't got to test the debugged ship combat yet ... got busy catapulting things.  At least the RCM stats are looking better (finally ... thank God ... it took us long enough).
I'll see what I can do with the catapults. I think spawning the projectile after the launch may be my best option.

I accidentally clicked "Buy a ship." in Wercheg when I meant to hit "Leave." Oops. Adios, 1500 denars. :oops:

Could you either move the "Buy a ship" option somewhere less accidentally clickable, or maybe add a confirm dialog? Perhaps even get creative and add a shifty ship-selling NPC with some cool piratical dialog for aspiring buccaneers? :twisted:

Also, the presence of those alleys fills me with anticipation and glee. I can only imagine the wonderful life of crime awaiting us. Yo, ho, yo, ho... :twisted:

Ship AI is still wonky.  You change from skirmish to attack, and the ship will try to run sideways or backwards.

Totally unmanned ships continue to maneuver like combat.  You shoot all the guys off of a ship, and it will still ram you, and your ship will still try to ram and board it.

Also, now the guys no longer fall in the water and drown, but they still run off into the water and stand.  Probably need to tighten the borders a bit so that they stay on the ships unless another ship is actually touching at that point.

It got better.  Not 100% yet, but better.  These plus the catapults should give you plenty to do for the next update.

The catapult takes 3 minutes to reload, and wen it reloads it doesn't fire properly, the arm fires before the horse spawn

1.The Guild Master in one of the towns (either Uxkhal or Tihr, can't recall) is wearing a lovely pretty dress, presumably because he's a prancing pretty pink princess. This may have to do with the issue of the "Rich Outfit" and "Court Dress" using the same model. Please send the Inquisition to get that man some counseling. :shock:

2. Ships get stuck in bridges all the time. It's fixable by disembarking and reembarking, but a minor annoyance nonetheless. Those troll bridges have got to go.

3. I saw Lord Turegor stuck on the beach near Tihr, trying to follow Lord Haeda's party. I suppose Haeda had gone to sea, but never saw him. The problem fixed itself after a while, but Turegor's beach bonfire dance party went on for almost a week! Conjures up some pretty funny images...

Viking A: Sir, why did we mercilessly conquer the Calradian coast only to sit here and build sandcastles?
Viking B: Yeah, why did we take this empty beach from King Harlaus, anyway?
Colonel Turegore: HARLEY DON'T SURF!!!

:grin:

1.  Taking a castle as the player faction does not also take the associated fief from the faction, ie. if I take Vincoud Castle from the Vaegirs, Azgad (the fief which belongs to Vincoud) remains Vaegir, and does not join the player faction. 

2.  All of the dialog that goes on on the side of the screen during battles isn't there, even though all the options are enabled.  Also, the feedback when I press 1-9 (hold, follow, charge, etc) doesn't appear, nor does feedback for f1-f5 (group unit select)

at first i thought my pc was having nightmares of his ol' buddies the river pirates, and then he saw this ghost ship.
is this supposed to be the default icon for river pirates?:

2203102876_9ea873fc03_o.jpg

Ron Losey said:
Ship AI is still wonky.  You change from skirmish to attack, and the ship will try to run sideways or backwards.

Totally unmanned ships continue to maneuver like combat.  You shoot all the guys off of a ship, and it will still ram you, and your ship will still try to ram and board it.

Also, now the guys no longer fall in the water and drown, but they still run off into the water and stand.  Probably need to tighten the borders a bit so that they stay on the ships unless another ship is actually touching at that point.

It got better.  Not 100% yet, but better.  These plus the catapults should give you plenty to do for the next update.
Still working on all of that. I'm not sure how to go about some of that, so it may have to wait for  the next major update.
o.jp
DarkAnd said:
The catapult takes 3 minutes to reload, and wen it reloads it doesn't fire properly, the arm fires before the horse spawn
I'm working on it.

Sibilance said:
1.The Guild Master in one of the towns (either Uxkhal or Tihr, can't recall) is wearing a lovely pretty dress, presumably because he's a prancing pretty pink princess. This may have to do with the issue of the "Rich Outfit" and "Court Dress" using the same model. Please send the Inquisition to get that man some counseling. :shock:

2. Ships get stuck in bridges all the time. It's fixable by disembarking and reembarking, but a minor annoyance nonetheless. Those troll bridges have got to go.

3. I saw Lord Turegor stuck on the beach near Tihr, trying to follow Lord Haeda's party. I suppose Haeda had gone to sea, but never saw him. The problem fixed itself after a while, but Turegor's beach bonfire dance party went on for almost a week! Conjures up some pretty funny images...

Viking A: Sir, why did we mercilessly conquer the Calradian coast only to sit here and build sandcastles?
Viking B: Yeah, why did we take this empty beach from King Harlaus, anyway?
Colonel Turegore: HARLEY DON'T SURF!!!

:grin:
Thanks for letting me know about these. I'll get to work on it.

bigtoebubby said:
at first i thought my pc was having nightmares of his ol' buddies the river pirates, and then he saw this ghost ship.
is this supposed to be the default icon for river pirates?:
No. It will be fixed in the next version.

I have a bad problem here, Today I was playing your mod and I sieged Kelredan Castle (Kingdom of the Nords)
and It glitched and won't let me leave the choice screen, after i pick what to do with the castle it gives and error and goes back to the menu over and over again.

Choices:
mb1.jpg

Then I pick one and this happens:
mb2.jpg

And this process keeps repeating.

when i start the game, its like native. Theres no my savegames , but its native. 3 classes to choose, and the other stuff. Cant see port cities anywhere, nor ships. Only the common native dudes.

Whats wrong?!?

whenever I have a ship battle, there's no water... the boats just kinda ~fly~ around the battle field, there's a shadow of the boats wake behind them, but thats about it... plus, people have talked about "commanding" the boats and whatnot, but as of yet I haven't discovered how to do this. every battle has been the same. 7 to 10 river pirates on a lil' boat move across the horizon from my left toward my right, and I slowly but surely fall in behind them and eventually end up alongside them.

I put a rather lengthy list of suggestions in your suggestion subthread. take a peek and see if any of it looks good. some of the ideas might fix the problems, like building the boat to act more like a "mount." anyways, I appreciate it. I'm gonna go fiddle with the new siege stuff.

*edit* siege stuff doesn't work.  :roll: I'm going to download it again and reinstall, see if the latest version fixes it.

Everytime I try and run this mod it tells me it cant open modules/pirates of calradia/sounds.txt It also tells me something similar when I try and run the hundred years mod so is it something wrong with me?

Any word on a catapult fix in the near future? Any shot you fire that has an angle below 47 degrees or so ends up hitting the back of the catapult arm because of how the projectile spawns after the arm has already fired.
This basically means that you can't use the catapult at a good number of castles where a lower degree shot is needed.

This mod is great, but this bug has kind of put me on hold from playing it.

Back
Top Bottom