Report Abuse Is Becoming An Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

MonkeyTazer

Recruit
Hello,
My clan has recently been being targeted by trolls, since we are one of the most active, If not the most active, clans on captains mode. We repeatedly get trolls changing their steam names and profile pictures to match ours and go around saying hate speech, trash talking, team killing, etc... although this has hurt our reputation, we chose to just ignore it since there is nothing we can do. Now the teams of random trolls are spam reporting our members with no real reason, leading to auto-suspensions and bans to take place. Just like mordhau, the report system on a game like this cannot work - trolls will always abuse it to get revenge on someone who beat them in a game. We have our league starting up again soon and fear the report abuse will put our main players out of commission due to false reporting and subsequent suspensions following.

you may be thinking this clan member deserved it, but that’s not true. This just happened to our quietist and most mild mannered member, he never tk’s or talks **** or retaliates to any trolling. He is always respectful and kind to players on the other team. I spoke with him to validate if this was an earned suspension or not and as I expected, he did not earn this suspension.

Now the teams of random trolls are spam reporting our members with no real reason, leading to auto-suspensions and bans to take place.
Hi, except for the bans made by BattlEye, none of the reports are automatically resolved. Every report sent is being inspected in less than 24 hours and as long as there is no evidence of toxic behaviour we issue no punishment. If you think there is a mistake, you can write a thread on our forums with your steam profile's link attached.
This just happened to our quietist and most mild mannered member
Please share their community profile link so i can look into it.

Hi, except for the bans made by BattlEye, none of the reports are automatically resolved. Every report sent is being inspected in less than 24 hours and as long as there is no evidence of toxic behaviour we issue no punishment. If you think there is a mistake, you can write a thread on our forums with your steam profile's link attached.

This seems to be a problem when premade party members TK each other during the last minutes of the match, where the game has already obviously been won, and the last player has for example stolen a horse to ride around to extend the match. I feel like our friend from BTL should just be careful about killing even his friends on purpose during the league, and it will be remedied.

EDIT: pretty sure the player is called Remus Royal in the game

BLT is better.

When reviewing a report is it standard for you to look at the clan tags and if they are in the same party? If you are in the same clan or in a party you shouldn't get banned. I talked to @MonkeyTazer after he posted this and he said "Remus Royal" (one of his clan members) had intentionally tk'd one of his fellow clan members and that could be the reason why he got the ban. TW needs to look at clan tags and party members or else you will just be banning people like Remus who has over 2500 wins.

Is there anything being done to limit people impersonating other players? In NA captain this has been a problem for months where trolls will switch their names to a more notable player's name and then go on to troll people.

These internal clan TK's occur rightfully so as good friends in clans wait around for the idiot cav opponent with 1 horse left to get bored of running around the map wasting everyone's time. At that point TK boxing matches or duels are all we have

No way Remus is killing randoms to troll

Last edited:
You are missing the fact that at some point these actions are reported by someone. If it is all "friendly" friendly fire, don't report your friends for messing around with you so they won't get banned. Please try to stay in our community guidelines to prevent further incidents.

You are missing the fact that at some point these actions are reported by someone. If it is all "friendly" friendly fire, don't report your friends for messing around with you so they won't get banned. Please try to stay in our community guidelines to prevent further incidents.
this. If they report you for friendly fire it'll be handled as a report for friendly fire. If they don't actually want you to get banned they just shouldn't report you. Those "troll reports" are wasting a lot of time if you have to check every single one of them.

Couldn't someone else report you after seeing that you killed your teammate without realizing that you might be in the same party or clan?

Back
Top Bottom