Replace the traveler

Users who are viewing this thread

AvaRice

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It seems strange to me that you can get so much information from this all-knowing Traveler character. The tavern seems like a natural place to obtain information, but the Traveler shouldn't necessarily know everything about the war and where all the NPCs are. There's already a rumor option when you speak to shop NPCs, so wouldn't it make more sense to instead divide this information between the townsmen?

To summarize I propose that:

1) Either get rid of the Traveler, or make multiple NPCs who have "Traveler" as a title (like Lord) and appear different. Also limit their information to several tidbits.

2) Allow other NPCs to be informants. Smiths, Tavern Keepers, and Tavern Patrons could have general information about the war and NPCs. Merchants and Traveling Merchants could have tips on good trade routes or even attempt to mislead you.

AvaRice said:
It seems strange to me that you can get so much information from this all-knowing Traveler character.

This traveller character can't give information about companions you haven't met (where are you hiding borcha!).

Back
Top Bottom