In Progress Repeated crashes to desktop, and bluescreens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-16_01.13.03_5bedcbd012ad3381fcd7150c6dd3e4c1
Summary: Repeated crashing after as little as 5 minutes of playtime. Sometimes it crashes to bug reporter, other times I get a blue screen and forced reboot on the computer. This is the only game that causes a reboot on my computer and it has been an ongoing issue since release. Happens with and without mods, after changing graphical settings to lowest, etc. Nothing works, just repeated crashes. Most recent crash captured in the bug report below.

I have tried verifying steam files, reinstalling the game, removing mods, and even reinstalling windows with a full wipe of the PC.

Requesting help.

How to Reproduce: Play for 5 to 30 minutes. Happens at random times. While moving around map, in battles, when trying to save, etc.

Bug report: 2021-01-16_01.13.03_5bedcbd012ad3381fcd7150c6dd3e4c1

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 2080ti
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
CPU: Intel i9-9900ks @ 4ghz
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Pro
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in. Meanwhile, can you please send us a save file so we can further inspect the issue? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.

Every time I try to attack looters nonspecific to size of group my game crashes but it doesn't give me the crash info it just doesn't infinite loading screen. I've tried everything that everyone else has on these threads as far as the blacksmithing and everything else and I am getting the same results please help. I've already uploaded my save file to the site you guys send me in my email. But I've heard nothing back since please help

This same thing is happening on my system. I have uploaded my save game. It wasn't always this bad, the occasional crash here and there, but now it has become every 5 minutes. I had some success launching directly from the .exe from the win64_Shipping_Client folder, but eventually that gives the same results.

I'm going to keep playing around with the settings to see if I can get it to stabilize, but for now it's making the game unplayable.

I had some success by moving 'shadow quality' and 'shadow detail' to 'low' and by moving 'shadow type' and 'shadow filtering' to 'none.' Was able to get about 2 hours of game play by doing that.

Had another 3 hours of gameplay with the settings I selected. I suspect they will eventually become unstable. This game always does. Hopefully everyone on this forum can help figure out why this game becomes unstable mid to late game.

So is tail world going to fix this or am I just screwed out of my game it's been almost a week

After went through hell getting the game to work before this happened this is just fully ridiculous. Good if you can't produce the product that was promised I want my money back

Edited my post: I think I can help you as a player until they figure out a solution.

how are you launching the game? (through steam, NVIDIA, or direct from the folder)
what settings are you launching from? I disabled all shadow related settings and it helped a little.

I've made my game stable enough to enjoy it for about 1-2 hours. I hope I can help you do the same.

I know it's frustrating to try to enjoy a game while it is in early development. Hopefully I can help you as a peer to make it stable enough to enjoy it.

Last edited:
I am having the exact same issue. Updated to 1.5.7 from 1.5.2 and it crashes and reboots my system every single time, sometimes 10 minutes in, sometimes when I am not even finished creating my character. System will reboot itself even when not playing the game until I do a manual restart. It's been 2 weeks and after several un-installs/re-installs of Bannerlord and Steam, I am about ready to give up since nothing I have tried seems to fix the issue. It's not a hardware issue since my computer runs just fine as long as I don't launch Bannerlord.

I did not change any settings in the game from what I was using with 1.5.2 and did not load any mods. Launched via Steam, Vortex and desktop all with the same result.

I am having the exact same issue. Updated to 1.5.7 from 1.5.2 and it crashes and reboots my system every single time, sometimes 10 minutes in, sometimes when I am not even finished creating my character. System will reboot itself even when not playing the game until I do a manual restart. It's been 2 weeks and after several un-installs/re-installs of Bannerlord and Steam, I am about ready to give up since nothing I have tried seems to fix the issue. It's not a hardware issue since my computer runs just fine as long as I don't launch Bannerlord.

I did not change any settings in the game from what I was using with 1.5.2 and did not load any mods. Launched via Steam, Vortex and desktop all with the same result.
I've been able to stabilize my game by reducing graphical settings, and eliminating/reducing to lowest possible level all shadow settings.

Also try to launch as administrator directly from the .exe file.

Hopefully this helps you.

I've been able to stabilize my game by reducing graphical settings, and eliminating/reducing to lowest possible level all shadow settings.

Also try to launch as administrator directly from the .exe file.

Hopefully this helps you.
I completely missed your post until after I posted my message. Thanks for the advice! 45 minutes of gameplay and no crashes.

How does launching as admin help?

Thanks again!

I completely missed your post until after I posted my message. Thanks for the advice! 45 minutes of gameplay and no crashes.

How does launching as admin help?

Thanks again!
No problem broheim. I'm glad that I could help!

It bypasses any sort of antivirus/antispyware software or anything else you might have running in the background and also dedicates memory to the program that you are running.

I have a powerful rig, but I have been running it off low graphical settings/windowed borderless because memory seem to crash me to blue screen regularly. I'll share workarounds that I have on this forum until TaleWorlds figures out a solution. Let me know the crashes you experience.

i also had this same issue a few weeks ago and the problem was the amd graphical driver. you couldnt play a game with V-Sync. that would make you pc crash and black screening.
just update your driver (if you have AMD) and/or just disable V-Sync ingame and driver.

for the rest, i am sorry and hope there will be a fix soon.

No problem broheim. I'm glad that I could help!

It bypasses any sort of antivirus/antispyware software or anything else you might have running in the background and also dedicates memory to the program that you are running.

I have a powerful rig, but I have been running it off low graphical settings/windowed borderless because memory seem to crash me to blue screen regularly. I'll share workarounds that I have on this forum until TaleWorlds figures out a solution. Let me know the crashes you experience.
Your help is muchly appreciated! 1.5.2 played flawlessly for about 3 hours on and off last night. Upgraded to 1.5.5 this morning but haven't played yet. Wish me luck!

Well, 1.5.5 crashed 4 times. Ran game as admin, turned all my shadow quality/detail down and it still crashed my system and rebooted back to desktop.

Seems 1.5.2 is the only version I can play, for whatever reasons. Any version above that crashes my computer every single time. I hope Taleworlds can figure this out for myself and others having similar issues.

Until then, I won't be playing the game

Back
Top Bottom