SP - General Repairing items

Users who are viewing this thread

In battles almost everything i looted is cracked , bent or damaged and i think there should be way for smith to repair it .
+1
In VC we had an armorer in many towns that could do just that. It was costly but if you found a good piece of armor or a rare sword it was worth it. I would be ok with the system we have if there was less damaged equipment and more normal equipment and the occasional mastercrafted etc equipment that could be found.

+1

I've thought about the same thing. It doesn't make sense to have multiple partymembers with 100+ smithing skill, yet nobody can fix damaged gear.

+1

I've thought about the same thing. It doesn't make sense to have multiple partymembers with 100+ smithing skill, yet nobody can fix damaged gear.

I am not sure, it is possible to fix broken equipment in real life. If your sword is cracked, how are you patching it? Since Smithing is actually Weapon Smith (judging from the crafting menue), it would not make sense if you could fix your armor.

On the other hand, we get far to much broken things. I mean, I am on day 773 in my current playthrough and quite good with the bow aswell. If I headshot someone, you'd think his shoes should not suffer from that. So why have I never looted a normal pair of shoes so far?

If you battle around 1600 people you should come up with enough good equipment to outfit a few people.

Medieval armies typically had blacksmiths and other artisans following them, so soldiers with damaged equipment would go to them for repairs.

In the typical medieval army, weapons and armour were your personal property. When the muster was called, you were required by law to turn up with certain equipment based upon your social status and wealth. You were also responsible for ensuring it was maintained and repaired.

I would like if it would be possible to mend damaged equipment. To make it more realistic, there should be a chance that the item will be repaired, still damaged or even more damaged - not everything that is damaged can be repaired, and sometimes something that is slightly damaged gets real ruined by the try to repair it.

Back
Top Bottom