Renegades [RNGD] VS Guard of Istiniar [IG] Betting (WITH A PRIZE!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Killfacer said:
I have Astinus as the winner with honourable mentions to Araf (who was super close to having loads right) and Blacktide.

I'll wait a few minutes for someone else to claim they've won then we'll sort your prize out.

Was a really good match, congratulations to IG and good luck to both sides in the future.
fred-mercury-queen-meme-so-close.png

The betting system we have at the moment wont be good enough,as deacon said it was super close. Most likely eventually this will lead to some rage for someone and we`d much rather avoid that xD
So we need some new like....everything xD If anyone has tips and ideas or something feel free to spam.

It was a fairly good system but i would base the criteria on more factual and statistical stuff. I liked the betting on quarters and the best player of each said quarter. But the mvp seems a little odd, in the video you said Yans but i would have said myself (jk jk) Nubijuki and I'm sure others would have said differently. You may be able to work out a way based on k/d ratio or most kills etc, but score doesn't always reflect how useful someone was, cav bump, helpful shots etc etc. Might be easier just to remove this as it seems more opinion based then a subject for a bet.

Lord_David said:
It was a fairly good system but i would base the criteria on more factual and statistical stuff. I liked the betting on quarters and the best player of each said quarter. But the mvp seems a little odd, in the video you said Yans but i would have said myself (jk jk) Nubijuki and I'm sure others would have said differently. You may be a way to work out k/d ratio for this or most kills etc, but score doesn't always reflect how useful someone was, cav bump, helpful shots etc etc. Might be easier just to remove this as it seems more opinion based then a subject for a bet.

Well in sports you can bet on man of the match. However, you generally don't get the bookies deciding who receives the accolade :razz:.

:lol:

Like you say there are a lot of factors involved with what makes a player the most influential in a match. I figured the best way at this kind of notice would be for the commentators to decide as neither of us had a stake and watched the match. Basing it on stats wouldn't be fair either. Perhaps we could, if we do this again, allow each team to pick a player from the other team as MVP. Then the commentators can pick which one.

(edit) Plus I thought of doing it like 10 mins before the match  :grin:

At the moment we`re looking for a more long lasting system. Basically you`re given points,which you use to bet on matches over time. We`re just thinking out loud still xD

The MVP is abit broken atm cause you dont know who`ll play for one,and its tricky to determine. But as I see it the only fair way would be for the administration to determine who would play the best. Ofcourse for that to happen,every match would have to be on video,which causes even more problems.Screenshots wouldnt give the neccesary info, as you said,kills arnt everything. Just thinking out loud still xD
Not sure how well we could add statistics ect other than k/d ratio. I could definitly be wrong on that though.

Colonel Greed said:
But as I see it the only fair way would be for the administration to determine who would play the best. Ofcourse for that to happen,every match would have to be on video,which causes even more problems.
Not sure how well we could add statistics ect other than k/d ratio. I could definitly be wrong on that though.
The other problem is that, as of now, the administration is essentially me.

... and I don't much fancy the unpopularity that sort of responsibility would guarantee me (the proposed ruleset is putting me on thin ice as it is :lol:).

There probably is a creative way of using the scoreboards without simply giving it to the player with the best K/D. Some sort of points system whereby players get given points for certain things e.g.:

2 points for being on the winning team overall
3 points for having the least deaths overall (must have played all rounds)
2    "      "      "      "    second least deaths overall ( "  "    "  " ")
1 point    "      "      "    third least deaths overall ( "  "    "  " ")
2 points for getting 22-26 kills
3 points for getting 27-31 kills
5 points for getting 32+ kills

I'm sure you could find more and maybe the numbers need tweaking but you get the idea.

EDIT: Might be a bit unbalanced to do least deaths and winning team... maybe keep points for the winning team but do the least deaths for each team separately.

I remember waay back. When the earth was still young n all that... There was a site that had bettings on matches ect that ran very well (counter strike.) The site is really massive though with abit more resources than we have....xD But even they only dealt with wins and losses,nothing else. Which is definitly the easiest way to do things. If we give,lets say 100 point at the start of the league,and you want to bet on both win/losses and mvp you might find yourself short on points veery quickly. Would probably need some way of regenerating points wouldnt it?

Hmm maybe 10 poins per week could be regenerated until the point limit 100 is full again, for example.

Back
Top Bottom