Suggestion Mesh Editor rename mesh files?

Users who are viewing this thread

so i got conflicting weapon mods which each has the same mesh name.. it makes the weapon using another mod mesh.. the only thing i need is to rename those mesh.. but modding kit doesn't have that capability.. is there a way to just rename the mesh file?

That would only move the issue, the now overwritten mesh would make issues instead of the old one.
Only if he/she wants both weapons.

Currently, assets are linked to AssetSources by name. The editor only uses the mesh name that is imported (i.e. set in external software such as Blender). With the current system, you would need to export the weapon parts and each of their LODs individually with TpacTool, re-group them in Blender, rename them and reimport into the Resource Editor, where you'd have to reassign the original material. Then you'd need to change the related xml(s).

Last edited:
Only if he/she wants both weapons.

Currently, assets are linked to AssetSources by name. The editor only uses the mesh name that is imported (i.e. set in external software such as Blender). With the current system, you would need to export the weapon parts and each of their LODs individually with TpacTool, re-group them in Blender, rename them and reimport into the Resource Editor, where you'd have to reassign the original material. Then you'd need to change the related xml(s).
seems i gonna need to do that.. one question, when viewing assets in modding kit, aside from fbx, texture and mat files, there is also some files without extension, which perhaps a meta mesh? what is it and how do you create it? coz i have tried exporting and renaming the mesh, then reimport them to resource editor, but the meta mesh file name didn't changed.. now there is one meta mesh file, and two fbx files for each weapon parts..

Last edited:
seems i gonna need to do that.. one question, when viewing assets in modding kit, aside from fbx, texture and mat files, there is also some files without extension, which perhaps a meta mesh? what is it and how do you create it? coz i have tried exporting and renaming the mesh, then reimport them to resource editor, but the meta mesh file name didn't changed.. now there is one meta mesh file, and two fbx files for each weapon parts..
The resource editor imports an fbx file, which can contain several different assets, retains it in your assets and also extracts the meta meshes inside for use in-game, grouping them by BL naming conventions. If you delete that source fbx file in the resource browser, it will also delete the related assets extracted from it. The name of the fbx file is irrelevant. The meshes extracted from it have their own names which can be the same or different. The mesh level names need to be individually changed in Blender or another 3D program. Re-exporting the extracted meshes in a renamed container doesn't by itself change their names.

The resource editor imports an fbx file, which can contain several different assets, retains it in your assets and also extracts the meta meshes inside for use in-game, grouping them by BL naming conventions. If you delete that source fbx file in the resource browser, it will also delete the related assets extracted from it. The name of the fbx file is irrelevant. The meshes extracted from it have their own names which can be the same or different. The mesh level names need to be individually changed in Blender or another 3D program. Re-exporting the extracted meshes in a renamed container doesn't by itself change their names.
Thx mate.. so renameing fbx files won't change anything, but need to change the mesh structure name inside yes? alright.. one more question, so meta meshes is extracted from fbx files? now how do tou extract it? i try to click anything on fbx files, seems the only thing i can do is reimport it.. Do I have to delete the current assets and import new assets with modified mesh name, and editor will automatically create meta mesh?

Back
Top Bottom