SP Medieval Renaissance 2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

zedpaolo said:
You can find it in german markets, but it is quite rare.

Funny enough, I've never seen a single Flamberge in a German market. And I am a mercenary for the HRE so I am using 90% their markets.
Anyway I encountered an arms trader in in the tavern in Milano who sold rather rare weapons, one of them a Flamberge. So I guess it's a bit of luck finding him but it worked :smile:

But thx for the answer.

Stunning mod! Came across it by chance a few days ago and have been playing it non-stop since then.

Can't wait to see your Peloponnesian War mod.  :grin:

Could you please provide a list of the songs used in the mod? They really add to the immersion of the mod but it doesn't look like there's any composer or title data when I look in the modules/music folder.

What is the "scripting" requirement here for some of the ( evidently hard to impress ) court ladies to allow you to declare yourself their "greatest admirer" ?

For example, a certain "ambitious " one - still no dice with me ( still going around soloing ) at Level 18, plenty of renown - over 800, tried a few tournament dedications - things up to "co-operative" so far ..... do I need to join a faction ( only their faction, or any ? ), own a castle ( or city ), head an army > 100 ........... ?

If you are not of their faction they will tell you that since you are not a vassal of their king they can’t take your proposal.
You must go and try during feasts to find the right girl who likes you back and say the admirer thing... or even better you ask first her father (relationship over 10) the permission to pay court to her, then you can visit her once per day and sing your love song. But still, you have to be of the same faction.
Just very late if you are high in renown and relationship with her I suppose some girl may run away with you , but that is native feature and I am not so sure about how it works.

Thanks, but I mean that the " greatest admirer " line does not even appear for a number of the ladies in their conversation menu eg at a feast. So one can't even get started ( or snubbed - " My, is that the time......? " ).  Different to Native  / other mods.

So I am wondering what conditions need to be met to trigger their particular, individual availability ie make that conversation option appear.

Nope. These ladies are "eligible " ( not yet betrothed, even ), just for some reason " unavailable " ( at least to begin with .......... ).  Some Hispania 1200 courtship tweak, perhaps ?

Hi zed, i've editated the Italian transltation of Mount and blade for your Mod, you can find it here if you want https://www.moddb.com/members/frappa10/downloads

Finally got you mate!

1evjhI4.png

New version of Renaissance.
Paste the patch in the module folder, overwrite when asked. You need to start a new campaign. Check the new version of the pdf file in the mod's folder (CONFIGURATE WARBAND FOR RENAISSANCE)

CHANGELOG 2.1
- ai cavalry will be more effective in its tactics
- pikes and halberds have less damage points. To frontally charge a pike wall will still have bloody losses as it should be
- implemented as an option (set by default) the after-wounded playing as one of your soldiers feature. It occurs only in sieges' battles, if you are not a freelancer and if you still have alive men in your party.
It was not possible to implement it in normal battles because it is not compatible with formations’ scripts, but it add fun to long siege battles. As I said, if you don’t like it, you can disable it in the camp menu.
- added variety to tournaments: there are now factions where you fight on foot using polehammers or two handed swords and a new set of items has been added for that.
- fixed the villages' scenes where walkers sometimes didn't follow the correct path
- added some new warhorses, shields and armours
- improved the Spanish troop tree equipment
- fighting for Spain, France or HRE, gives a chance to listen to special battles hymns in the specific language
- when you start your own kingdom, you get custom troops by default for your new faction (you can still change the troops\culture by camp menu)
- fixed some siege scenes and other minor things, etc

Funny moment. The last time I played a spaghetti-western renaissance ITaly mod was STruggle for Bermia.
But recently I saw one of my childhood favorites on movie museum:
50563515851_f7e1d78301_m.jpg

So, I created my character, and decided to have some fun! (don't laugh, this was my best attempt by a far margin!)
50562774838_875a584c4f_m.jpg

And what do I see at the first tavern? An impostor!
50562774808_017e20a4b5_m.jpg
Unfortunately I cannot duel him for using _my_ name!

Seriously though, this is a great mod. Unfortunately I suck big time with the melee attack animations, so I think it is time to retrain myself to a crossbowman-commander.

edit: does anybody has any pointers with the melee animations? What should I do to actually block something? Or do the AI bots have 30 agility and have 200 skill?

edit2: is there an option to turn off the "everybody is high" standing animations?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi,
It warms my heart to see that Bud Spencer's pic.

You can use the warband options to autoblock attacks. No need to change other options I think.

Hi,
It warms my heart to see that Bud Spencer's pic.

His movies (and also serious italian cinema, like Pasolini, Fellini, Antonioni) were very poplar in Hungary when I was growing up.
I also like him personally, it is not common that an actor is an interesting and nice person in real life too.

There was a voting who should got a statue in a renovated square, and he won it.
616012_bud_spencer_szobra_budapesten.jpg

You can use the warband options to autoblock attacks. No need to change other options I think.

I feel my problems are either with fast bots (agility and skills), or I have to get used to animations. It seems when I block, it takes more time to raise the shield than for the AI to attack again. It works both ways though, when I get the first hit, the AI has no chance to block the second and third attacks. So it is not a huge problem really.

Back
Top Bottom