Removing the world map

Users who are viewing this thread

Would it be possible to entirely remove (or hide) the world map so that the game progresses with a scene after a scene after a scene?

Could I turn Native into a full 3rd person rpg or would the bugs overwhelm me?

sure, but you would have to design a new type of game to work around it, but nothing stops you (technical side) from doing so

you would have to remove/understand the base code, kind of start over from a empty module system. I would not start by trying to modify the current code. Delete everything that is not hardcoded, and work your way up.

You could, I once made a simulation with the same idea. All game, you play in one map with quests and rest. Pretty simple actually, you just illustrate the warband mechanics by overlapping them with new ones or just never let them affect the scene.

Only annoying thing is the loading time when you jump from a scene. But, that is acceptable.

Tried it and seen mods try it. The only real problem is saving, you need to be in the world map to save (Or atleast you enter in the world map when you load a save) but I thought a way around it, You could have a special presentation screen. Say youre in the world map, but instead of seeing the world map you see the presentation over your game screen such as a 2d background masking the game screen (Kind of like a loading/idle screen) It can be used to save games or pass time without breaking immersion by you seeing the world map  :wink:

Efe Karacar said:
(auto_save), doesn't work during runtime?

It depends on the mission template I think. For example you cant save in mt_lead_charge. But even if you can save in some MT's when you load the save you'll be transported to the world map first so its better to just have a presentation over it.

Back
Top Bottom