Removing certain battle landscapes (struggling please help)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive tried removing forest landscapes from my game but ive failed and i need some help.

What ive done so far.

Went to scenes.txt and replaced the numbers at the end with those from a scene without forest in it (failed)

Then i deleted the line with the word forest in it and replaced it with a line from a corresponding scene so it looked like this : outer_terrain_plain
scn_random_scene_plain random_scene_plain 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be
(that was a scene with the words forest in it)
And now in my scenes.txt file there isnt the word forest as ive replaced them all,to my surprise the game still loads and works but it still uses the forest maps.

So what i need is some info on how i can stop it using the forest maps can anyone help?

Ive also gone to the flora.txt and changed all tree`s to rocks which has helped a little but i still get a crazy slow down on the forest/rock maps and the last battle i had was with a Jatu* army on one of these maps and it was a nightmare and i had to cheat just to get my out of the battle.

Ive searched files folders for the words forest in the module im using and the only thing i can see which might be relavant is the SCO files which i have no idea what they are or how to view them.

Im not very exp at modding but i can do it if im told how so any tips or advice here would be appreciated,its not the end of the world if i cant fix it,just means i have to be very carefull where i attack people.

Thanks for any help

Dan

you did not include the really relevant part: how exactly does you scenes.txt (or module_scenes.py) looks like right now in part where "scn_random_scene_..." are defined

besides "scn_random_scene_..._forest" are called from the scripts that arrange random scenes, so they should be there in scenes.txt. Find a script with name smth like "arrange_random_scene" (i do not remember exact name) in module_scripts.py, and you will see how the game picks scenes. You may want to redirect some if the (else_try)-s in this script towards different scenes

GetAssista said:
you did not include the really relevant part: how exactly does you scenes.txt (or module_scenes.py) looks like right now in part where "scn_random_scene_..." are defined

besides "scn_random_scene_..._forest" are called from the scripts that arrange random scenes, so they should be there in scenes.txt. Find a script with name smth like "arrange_random_scene" (i do not remember exact name) in module_scripts.py, and you will see how the game picks scenes. You may want to redirect some if the (else_try)-s in this script towards different scenes

Im actually still having trouble with slowdown and i think what your saying is what i need to do but i dont really understand what i have to do.
What i believe i need to do is stop the game from picking the forest scenes,i dont mind if every map i fight on is completly clear of anything as i have everything turned right down and i dont really look at the landscape when im fighting.
What i would like is just four types desert,snow,plains and steppe and ofc all with no forrest,i even dont mind if i only ever play on the same four battle maps.

My big problem is working out exactly how i go about putting this into action,if i can get some help with this would really help me out.
If you need me to  post anything from my .txt files from the mod im playing ill be happy to post what ever you need

Thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom