Removed this predefined classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Multiplayer is empty, everyone is bored, Warband's unique siege mode has more players on its own than all of Bannerlord's multiplayer, why Taleworlds are so stubborn with these predefined deadly boredom classes, not interesting and which restricts the gameplay.
No one understand, and taleworlds did not really give a reason for this choice ( I hope this micro transaction story is wrong )

We could have expected improvements from these classes but in the end nothing is done, let us play as we wish put back the old Warband system
If it is to play on an unbalanced multiplayer as much as we have fun

We all feel the same as you do and this has been discussed many times. Why the TW developers are so stubborn and intent on keeping the class system? I wouldn't know.. My guess is that they want to make it balanced but I wouldn't know for sure

We all feel the same as you do and this has been discussed many times. Why the TW developers are so stubborn and intent on keeping the class system? I wouldn't know.. My guess is that they want to make it balanced but I wouldn't know for sure

Basically we talk about balance because Taleworlds intended to bring the game into Esport, but now we can clearly say that it is a failure, and balancing will not save multiplayer

Idk easier balancing? They stated numerous times they won't step back from class system so get used to it.

the possibility that they will reconsider their decision is not unthinkable, in any case no I will not get used to that since I would not play more multiplayer, and besides in view of its unpopularity I think that almost no one wants to force itself

the possibility that they will reconsider their decision is not unthinkable, in any case no I will not get used to that since I would not play more multiplayer, and besides in view of its unpopularity I think that almost no one wants to force itself
I legit don't know why they insist on class system and they won't reveal the reason either, Taleworlds have been very secretive about their decisions like they won't even say why they can't give server files.

I think the class system is here to stay. It's not perfect since some of the peasants can come off as being punishment for dying as a proper unit but at the same time, the way the current class system is balanced prevents players from being unkillable death machines should they hoard enough gold to buy the best armors and weapons (keep in mind that MP and SP had a shared item list in Warband).

I think for the class system to work, the peasants would still need to be good enough for late joiners to show off their skills while making the proper units still a significant upgrade.

Basically we talk about balance because Taleworlds intended to bring the game into Esport, but now we can clearly say that it is a failure, and balancing will not save multiplayer
For balancing they'd need to split up Skirmish, Siege and Cpts Mode and balance them seperately

I at least hoped the third perk would come. But i guess they figured having passive perks would have threw away the whole balance they've been trying to get for almost a year now

If you hate the class system so much oh well. I guess you'll just have to wait for private servers. Bannerlord shouldn't be Warband 2.0.

Of course we will have to wait for multiplayer mods to review the old Warband free equipment class system

Besides a mod is already in preparation for that

Unfortunately I think all multi mods will probably not have the old system as a merge, because either complicated to set up or just some modders will think this class system actually is fine.

maybe it won't be that big of a deal but when I see multiplayer empty I can't help but think it's because of this system
and that it will also disgust players even on mods

the only gamemode where the new class system makes sense is in captain battle, in other gamemodes is painful, i miss those days where i got an awful match or k/d ratio and then i just start to kicking and pucnhing everyone like a kung fu master just to have some fun

Peasant classes is probably what turns people off the most, especially in sieges and TDM. Peasant in Skirmish seems an acceptable choice that never really bothered me and the peasant rush in Captain mode has been a good strategy in the past. But when it comes to big scaled pvp battles, playing peasant feels like someone is inserting a baseball bat inside your uretra.

There is something deeply off about this gold system because even when you keep a 50/50 KDR, you end up playing peasant most of the time. Peasant should never be something mandatory, it should be a optional pick that you choose on purpose in order to save the big bucks to afford playing a strong class like heavy cavalry.

The way i could see it :
-We are NEVER forced into peasant classes, we the minimum gold we start with beginning of each rounds is enough to play the Middle tier classes (such as voulgier, spear infantry, skirmishers, low tier archers, etc.)
-Playing Peasant would be like making a "save round" in order to start the next one with more money, allowing you to afford buying heavy cav, heavy inf or heavy archers. You start the next round with the the extra gold (for example, if the peasant is 100 gold and we always start with 120 for voulgier class, we have an extra 20 gold next round, whether you got rekt or not as a peasant).
-If you then get rekt as a heavy tier class after having saved bucks as a peasant class, you lose your heavy tier class and can either play mid tier, or choose to do another save round as a peasant to be abble to go back to heavy tier classes. In any case, you are NEVER forced into a god damn peasant wearing a Nike t-shirt and calvin klein boxers as armory.

That way peasant would not become irrelevant, but not forced on anyone. The way it worked on Warband assured that we were always starting as a "mid-tier class" and when we chose to lower our armor, it was a personal choices for the sake of movement speed or affording a strong 2hander, never ever in Warband did i feel that i was forced to play a TRASH loadout like it is the case in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
Well, thats pretty much why the private servers will bring back the native warband system into bannerlord.
Id rather not wait 2 years, and that also means that Taleworlds would lose control over game balance and the module being played on, which I doubt they want. If Taleworlds wants people to actually buy the cosmetics theyve admitted to wanting to put into the game, they need to revert to a class system people actually want to play with.

The problem is the warband class system makes it very difficult to implement cosmetics. How could you tell what tier of armor someone is using if they are using an armor skin that they are wearing all the time, regardless of which armor is actually being worn? Therein lies the problem and why I suspect Taleworlds brass are so reluctant to change the current system. They are desperate to turn the multiplayer into a sustaining cash cow and need a system that lets them do that. The problem is that if nobody is playing the module that contains the cosmetics, nobody is buying cosmetics.

Ill be pleasantly surprised if we have individual multiplayer modules ever. Its not something Im anticipating based on what taleworlds has said about custom servers, how creating maps works, and cosmetics. They want full control over the multiplayer traffic so they can sell cosmetics, and a ton of people playing a cRPG or Persistent World module that has 0 ties to the base game doesnt allow for that.

With that said, if the individual modules arent made possible...nobody will be playing this at all in 2 years. Certainly not the numbers they are hoping for. They are in a lose lose situation in terms of cosmetics unless they redo the class system and limit cosmetics to banners, weapon skins and stuff that would be possible with Warbands old system.

Id love to be wrong and we can all look back on this in 2 years and roast my premonitions, but thats just the way my anxiety sees the game trending right now.

^ I'm not quite as dramatic as you but I too want the bulk of players to be on native, mods should be a nice distraction or change, they shouldn't be the main thing people play on though. Warband players mostly play on mods or modded servers as it is, if you count NeoGK and Matchmaking as modded content.

Back
Top Bottom