Removed this predefined classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry guys, Ebdanian seems to have completely misunderstood me as they believe I'm argueing in favour of the esports/class system but I am absolutely not a fan of it, i was being facetious, I know there are plenty of reasons that the hardcore dueling and event people are upset with the mechanics of bannerlord, and most of them understand minute details that even with 3k+ hours in warband I can't even wrap my head around, and I'm definitely not in favour of an esports like take on MP in bannerlord, I would love to see it be messier and more sandboxy, I do enjoy captain mode but I hate the matchmaking system itself, at first i hoped they were just implementing it for testing purposes but it seems that they are going to continue with it, which I'm quite bothered by, I don't want a streamlined e-sport type game, I want the sandbox nature of SP replicated as much as possible in MP, in fact if they could literally just make it exactly like warband just with an updated engine I would be overjoyed Warband was my favorite game from pretty much day 1 and I had already played the crap out of SP in OG mount and blade so i spent most of my 3k hours in MP.

jon01 yeah I love cav in bannerlord, I never really touched it in warband, i tried but didn't like it, but i would say the highlight of bannerlord for me so far is the cav gameplay.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, Ebdanian seems to have completely misunderstood me as they believe I'm argueing in favour of the esports/class system but I am absolutely not a fan of it, i was being facetious, I know there are plenty of reasons that the hardcore dueling and event people are upset with the mechanics of bannerlord, and most of them understand minute details that even with 3k+ hours in warband I can't even wrap my head around, and I'm definitely not in favour of an esports like take on MP in bannerlord, I would love to see it be messier and more sandboxy, I do enjoy captain mode but I hate the matchmaking system itself, at first i hoped they were just implementing it for testing purposes but it seems that they are going to continue with it, which I'm quite bothered by, I don't want a streamlined e-sport type game, I want the sandbox nature of SP replicated as much as possible in MP, in fact if they could literally just make it exactly like warband just with an updated engine I would be overjoyed Warband was my favorite game from pretty much day 1 and I had already played the crap out of SP in OG mount and blade so i spent most of my 3k hours in MP.

jon01 yeah I love cav in bannerlord, I never really touched it in warband, i tried but didn't like it, but i would say the highlight of bannerlord for me so far is the cav gameplay.
I'm exactly like you in almost every way. There are issues with matchmaking in general that make me not like it in any game, although I can understand if other people want it. I like playing against good players, but I much prefer to jump in/out of a custom server - because it's quicker, there's less reliance on inept teammates to have fun, and you're less likely to have to deal with detestable personalities. In terms of the eSports/competitive approach, there's much more of a divide between TW and the non-competitive playerbase than there is between most competitive players from Warband and the non-competitive playerbase. I think a lot of competitive players really enjoyed the non-competitive side of Warband too, and it's probably what made them fall in love with the game in the first place. Although, the actual decent melee mechanics were also important. The majority of competitive players wanted all of the strengths they enjoyed about Warband to feature in Bannerlord. No one asked for the new class system with prebuilt troops. It has pleased neither side of the playerbase. Warband did a much better job of satisfying everyone. Also, cavalry is pretty much the only thing I mildly enjoy playing in Bannerlord right now. I don't think it's necessarily better than Warband's at an advanced level, and it's pretty cheap/unrewarding, but at least they did a better job with its underlying mechanics.

Complain to TW directly if you have problems. The community is completely blameless.

My mistake. There are so many people that actually think Warband=Bad boomer game I have trouble telling when people are being satirical.

Also, cavalry is pretty much the only thing I mildly enjoy playing in Bannerlord right now. I don't think it's necessarily better than Warband's at an advanced level, and it's pretty cheap/unrewarding, but at least they did a better job with its underlying mechanics.

Complain to TW directly if you have problems. The community is completely blameless.
I'll give them another year or so to deal with cheesing issues like horse bumping and stuff like that, but just the core experience of riding a horse is amazing, it feels very fluid and ive spent the last week or so playing TDM as a 1 hand + shield cav and its a thing of beauty.

Who did you think i was complaining to? I don't come on the forums to argue with other players really, i know its one of the only places where the devs read, my issue isn't with the people who complain on the forums, although i do suspect there is a specific type of people who are most likely to come to the forums that isn't representative of the majority. And their voices seem to be amplified in terms of changes to maps that most people i've spoken to in game don't like, but most people on the forums support said changes, to give you an example. I think the devs are doing a great job actually I just want custom servers and custom classes sooner rather then later, for the health of the MP playerbase.

Who did you think i was complaining to? I don't come on the forums to argue with other players really, i know its one of the only places where the devs read, my issue isn't with the people who complain on the forums, although i do suspect there is a specific type of people who are most likely to come to the forums that isn't representative of the majority. And their voices seem to be amplified in terms of changes to maps that most people i've spoken to in game don't like, but most people on the forums support said changes, to give you an example. I think the devs are doing a great job actually I just want custom servers and custom classes sooner rather then later, for the health of the MP playerbase.
I've been playing Bannerlord a lot on TDM in the past few days and people generally seem to be complaining about cavalry all the time.

I've been playing Bannerlord a lot on TDM in the past few days and people generally seem to be complaining about cavalry all the time.
In a game called Mount and blade? Weird they must be roleplaying as illiterate peasants.

But if they released custom servers, or stopped removing all the interesting places to fight in TDM maps, cav wouldn't be such a big deal since its hard to climb stairs and move in enclosed spaces as cav, but the forum consensus seems to be TDM is for running at each other in as direct a way as possible. They literally removed ways up to archer spots because archers were using places they would actually use in real life, and the result was archers go to the same spots and are harder to get to now because there are less ways to get there, I don't want to argue with people on how things should be, lets just have custom servers and if you don't like maps/equipment/mods on a certain server, go to a different one like in warband.

Warband had custom servers day 1 if i remember correctly, they already have the server code, based on the fact that servers exist, so release it, the M&B modding community will get it working almost immediatly no matter what state its in, and then the forum dudes can play on official servers and the sandbox players can do our thing.

Last edited:
In a game called Mount and blade? Weird they must be roleplaying as illiterate peasants.
Balance matters more in MP, even in servers like TDM.

Maybe those players would mind less if cavalry was OP only in SP/Captains?

Giving archers rooftops and very high balconies to shoot from leads to cheap gameplay.

I know they took out a whole gateway with staircases and a large field in Nord Town, which was probably just as much about cavalry as archers, but they also added a staircase leading to a balcony on a house lower down in the map. Meanwhile, the balcony on the other side of the road has always been inaccessible from that position. I haven't noticed any changes to the other maps in TDM.

MP with matchmaking isn't going to be a very good simulator. TDM isn't either. You'd need an RPG-specific server for that. I think Warband had stuff like it, and I'm sure Bannerlord will eventually get it. Maybe you could limit everyone's POV to FPS? It's worth doing, and it can be fun, but IMO simulator-type design and overly grounded realism is generally only good for SP games where you drive a truck or fly a plane. With a game that uses a combat system, especially one such as M&B, other factors like responsiveness, functionality of gameplay, the fun-factor and balance are more important, especially in MP.

In any case, I'm all for the release of custom servers and more game mode variety added to MP. I was pleased with Warband, and I hope Bannerlord gets to be just as good.

If you want to know why MP mods and custom servers aren't a thing yet, check this thread out:

Yeah I saw that, and as plenty of people said in that post, release the server code in whatever state its in, and the community will literally get it into a working order, people are already building their own from scratch, and I do not care at all about balance in an EA title, get custom servers out first then worry about balance, everytime i see some stupid little tweak in the patch notes i lose my mind, I don't care if it was the most unbalanced mess in the world, get the basic mechanics working first, like having servers.

Back
Top Bottom