SP - Battles & Sieges Remove Tournament Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

woofulous

Recruit
give all tournament participants the same armor, its frustrating losing just because the other participant spent more money on armor.

give all tournament participants the same armor, its frustrating losing just because the other participant spent more money on armor.
this is done in the practice fights, but if they did that they should let you pick your weapon, beacuse sometimes i get stuck with a weapon i only have 10 skill in and only survive beacuse of my armor

Imo part of the progression. By mid to end game you have the better armor than most participants.

I would actually like to expand on having tournament equipment paid and bought. Yes, the high nobility had better and far more expensive gear.

I feel there should be more build on tournaments overall. Break them up in multiple competitions with you having to choose one and nobility only competes in the richest one. Based on that split it into weapon disciplines.

Noble competition is mainly mounted (except Battania) and only has the noble lords and high tier units/noble elite units. Combat style should be based on culture, e.g. Vlandia and Empire cavalry with lances, Khuzait/Aserai with a ranged weapon
Then have a melee competition where you can choose sword and shield or two handed sword
Another have skirmishing with throwing weapons and one with polearms, maybe with a barrier to have both sides at an effective stand off distance.
And lastly an archer competition

And great candy would be having a Buhurt (group fight) where you can sign up with troops from your party. That would all create opportunities for you to decide where to compete, which troops enter which competitions (so you do not luck out on having peasants in your noble tournament for some tens of thousands type of armor) and even farm some xp for troops.

Immersion wise it also would make tournaments feel like a bigger affair

tournaments in general should be entirely altered into affairs that are more structured.

have tournament armor but have it be a breastplate over a gabenson with a tabard on top.

should have catagories that are dependent on renown with additional betting options and strategies.

Back
Top Bottom