SP - Quests Remove timer on main quest!

Users who are viewing this thread

The fact that there is an arbitrary deadline on the main story that you can fail is almost game breaking for immersion.
Because it really restricts RP aspects of the game and goes against the whole concept of Strategy where you the player should decide when the time is right for a given move. This deadline by which you must have declared your own Kingdom or cant thereafter makes no sense to me.

I am at that point in the game now at only level 13 with 6 fiefs 2 Castles and can lead 110 man, I am the Vassal of a Kingdom and thanks to good investment I have plenty of income. Still it is a stupid time to declare independence and thus draw constant war to my doorstep; in reality this would be a very bad strategic decision.
A smart strategy would be to let the other Kingdoms grow weaker by warfare before forming an independent kingdom, this quest timer does not allow me to do that.

I actually enjoy the whole trading aspect of the game and spend a long time building a trade foundation before I became a vassal and grew an army, just by chance I had my timing right so far, had I spend more time building my trade empire I might have lost out altogether on the ability to form a kingdom.
So for creative freedoms sake to shape the game more freely, please remove the deadline trigger; the quest can still trigger after you collect all the banner pieces and when one decides to form a kingdom in your own time.

I approve this timer is not a good idea, i have stop the game for this timer...
Yes sadly I also lost interest and stopped playing until that is addressed, and if not I will wait for game completion and use mods to fix that.
Right now the campaign is the exact opposite from what I thought we would get with the inheritance structure, a game experience stretched out rather than rushed by a deadline. I really wish they would at least explain their thinking behind that.

Yes, agree on this one. If you are first time player and don’t know about this then you most likely will run into this failed quest and will get frustrated/ furious about this feature. This severely annoyed me when I ran into it.

I think this bug got fixed (sadly not in earlier savegames), found this in the patch 1.0.11 " Fixed the bug that caused main storyline quests in later stages to terminate after 10 years. "

Back
Top Bottom