SP - General Remove the "wait till nightfall" thing for attacking bandit hideouts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Please.. it's so annoying having to waste an entire day to attack the hideouts, just add an option to "attack immediately" or something..

I'm not even sure why it's the way it is, does it even make a difference whatsoever on the AI? to me it's just worse because I can barely see anything.

Please.. it's so annoying having to waste an entire day to attack the hideouts, just add an option to "attack immediately" or something..

I'm not even sure why it's the way it is, does it even make a difference whatsoever on the AI? to me it's just worse because I can barely see anything.
Yeah and they can add some more difficulty to the "attack immediately" option if they want too.

I agree - I usually let my men do all the fighting as I squint at the screen and try to fire arrows are dark blobs. I'd run up there and swing wildly but my men are too fast or my character too slow so he get's left behind haha.

I agree - I usually let my men do all the fighting as I squint at the screen and try to fire arrows are dark blobs. I'd run up there and swing wildly but my men are too fast or my character too slow so he get's left behind haha.

THIS. My eyes hurt after every bandit hideout.

I agree, waiting feels like a terrible waste of time and initially for the fights I had to turn the brightness on my screen all the way up and occasionally go look in the direction that my archers are firing. Eventually I learnt where the enemies would most likely be, and I now really enjoy attacking hideouts.

I understand the concept of a surprise attack, but maybe giving the option of attacking in the daytime and risking having larger groups come after you would be good.

Agreed, I think it would be good to have the option to attack immediately but face more resistance.

you can sneak attack at night or full army attack in day .
for example in day you need fight more troops

I would agree if night time actually had a sneak attack. You can't get near the bandits before they see you and attack so where is the "sneak" in sneak attack? But I do like the idea of day time full army assault

I would agree if night time actually had a sneak attack. You can't get near the bandits before they see you and attack so where is the "sneak" in sneak attack? But I do like the idea of day time full army assault
yes its problem of this game that you cant sneak attack but in night enemy troops are few and you can kill them but day is a attack day and full army appear thanks
+1

I agree, there should be an option to attack right away. But you actually not wasting a day, because you can go do something and return at night. Its not like forced rest after smithing, which is a true waste.

Personally, i'd rather just have my army circle the hideout (hey, if I can park 200 guys just outside it for 24 hours without them noticing, then surely I can surround them?) then forgo the 'bring ten random men' thing and just devote 60 guys to preventing them from running away, then send 50 more guys in to mop up.

The whole thing about them slipping away if we don't try to stealth is is easily negated by just surrounding them so they can't escape.
There's really no reason to play by their rules, especially when a bandit hideout can have 40 people in it.
Asking me to take that on with ten random guys from my party is completely unreasonable.

Adding a troop selection screen would help (and frankly feels like a mandatory addition) but enabling you to just use your superior numbers to prevent them from running away would be nice.

Maybe have it locked behind scouting/roguery or tactics? And troop numbers.
Say it takes X amount of troops (30?) in order to encircle them and make sure they can't escape, and doing so requires a skill-check to see if they slip past you. (which causes the hideout to go into lockdown where you can't attack it for several days) but if you succeed then it removes the troop-cap on how many people you can take with you and you get to send in as many people as you want to stomp them flat.

Alternatively, you could just give us the option to burn the whole hideout down, which forces the entire band of bandits out onto the world map in the open, where we can engage them with our armies.

Last edited:
Good idea. Just like the smiting wait this is useless.

It's annoying, certainly, but it feels like an attempt at balance.
Otherwise people would just lock themselves in a forge and powerlevel it while the world outside was an pause.

Instead of having smithing cost stamina, I'd just have time pass while you work.
Either the clock runs at 2x speed while you're in the forge, or every forge-action causes one in-game hour to pass.
That way if you lock yourself inside for too long events will happen without you.

Back
Top Bottom